Search: Posts made by: Diane Poremsky {MVP}
Forum: Outlook - Using Contacts July 14th 08, 11:28 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Replies: 3
Outlook 2003 (IM) Tools, Options, Enable PNST, sub box is grey

You need Windows messenger and it only works with certain versions. I know
it works with the live messenger client v 8.5.

Instant messaging in outlook puts a little icon on a persons name if they...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring July 14th 08, 09:04 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 6
Printing Color-Coded Appointments (Calendar Printing Assistant)

No; different colors are reserved for different calendars - so you could
copy the colored items different folders before printing but that is
somewhat of a PITA.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP -...
Forum: Outlook - Installation July 14th 08, 08:55 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation

sounds like an imap account type. Are you purging the messages from the
inbox? Undelete only works on messages not purged.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?...

because they could take the computer from you and it could mess up your
allowed activations.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?...

if a new profile in outlook doesn't fix it, yes. Just make sure you backup
her mail.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Outlook...

try detect and repair (office diagnostics in office 2007) - if you need to
reload office, you'll need to use your office cd.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?...

it will work with exchange 2003 but unless you own the computer I would be
hesitant about installing a copy I paid for on the computer they own.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with...
Replies: 8
Microsoft Outlook 2003/Windows Service Pack 3

if only 1 person is affected and is affected on all computers she tries, the
problem is with the profile. if it works on some but not other computers or
if it fails for everyone using a specific...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring July 14th 08, 06:59 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 5
How do I set up a Cisco Telepresence Meeting in Outlook?

does it interface with outlook? if not, set up a meeting and include a link
to the meeting.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?...

That is only possible in a day/week/month view, not a table list.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Outlook 2007:...

I've been accused of saying "no, it can't be done" too much so this time I
will say "of course you can". :)

You could either add it to the spreadsheet before importing or use a group
by view - see...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring July 14th 08, 06:32 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 2
Changing available times in added calendars

No, its not possible. you'd need to create a new profile for each and log
in and out of outlook to view their calendars. I would probably make
recurring appointments to mark off their work days if...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring July 14th 08, 06:29 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 3
row height

View, Daily Task list, off. It'll only buy you one line though.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Outlook 2007:...

No messier than any other solution since outlook doesn't support partial day
recurrences. ws.repeat appointment will make 4 individual appointments for
each day (none will use the recurrence...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring July 14th 08, 05:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 1
DATE NAVIGATOR - Past appointment view limits

You'd better learn to swallow because its not possible to change it. There
is no reg key and you can't change it using a script or a 3rd party add-in
or any other simple 'user hack'. It is hard...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring July 14th 08, 05:41 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 4
How can I set up color when someone else schedules appointment?

Which version? You can use a custom view to color the subject based on the
organizer field but it won't work with all versions.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?...

add the organizer field to one of the table views (by category works well) -
it will show who made it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?...

try restarting outlook with the /cleansniff and then the /sniff switches.
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/commandlines2007.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?...

what version of windows messenger do you have installed?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Outlook 2007:...

What view are you using? Is it filtering holidays? Do you have more than 1
calendar folder and if so, are you looking in the correct one? Do you have
old holidays but not newer ones?

See...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring July 14th 08, 03:13 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 3
External Reminders

How much ram it uses is dependant on how much is installed (the more you
have, the more it uses) and whether its minimized... I can get down to about
15 meg when I minimize Outlook 2007.

--
Diane...
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring July 14th 08, 02:57 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring

see http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/pickmeeting.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Outlook 2007:...

Which view are you using? You can reduce the time scale to 60 min - right
click on the scale to make changes.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?...

I don't recall how it works in those old versions but I do know it can't be
changed. What you see is what you get.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?...
Replies: 6
Posts not being recovered when I undelete

what type of email account do you have? does it show up if you change
folders and come back to the inbox?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?...