DATE NAVIGATOR - Past appointment view limits

Old July 14th 08, 04:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
ptmx2

Default DATE NAVIGATOR - Past appointment view limits

It is my understanding that the Outlook 2003 Date Navigator is set to show
bolded dates 2 months into the past and 10 months into the future from the
current date.
The word 'set' in the statement above is of interest to me.

I need to use Outlook Date Navigator in a way that shows me bolded dates 12
month past from the current date and 10 months forward.
I know some very knowledgeable folks here have already stated 'it can't be
done'.
I have to admit, that is an answer that is very hard thing for me to swallow.

There Must be a registry entry that would allow editing default setting in
the Outlook Date Navigator so as to be able to display appointments that are
more than 2 months old?

Will some one please explain why this default action is set in stone? Maybe
you could point me to the registry key-string entries. Or suggest I need
someone to write some code a script to give me what I need. I can then play
with them on my own and be responsible for the results.

Thank you very much. Assistance with this issue will be very appreciated
Old July 14th 08, 05:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky {MVP}

You'd better learn to swallow because its not possible to change it. There
is no reg key and you can't change it using a script or a 3rd party add-in
or any other simple 'user hack'. It is hard coded into the program.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **