A Microsoft Outlook email forum. Outlook Banter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Outlook Banter forum » Microsoft Outlook Email Newsgroups » Outlook - General Queries
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Moving Outlook account to another Windows log-in user account



 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 19th 07, 03:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
chillinnsatx
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default Moving Outlook account to another Windows log-in user account

I currently use 2 different Windows log-in User accounts, and have an email
account I access on each of them, 1 for work and 1 for home. I did this
because my work environment is wireless.

I'm sick of switching back and forth between Windows user accounts to check
work email vs. personal email. How do I transfer one Outlook email account
to another Windows user account on the same computer. I'm sure I could just
add an email account on one or the other, and delete it from the existing
User Account, but I'd like to retain all of my existing folders and content.
Then I'll need to figure out how to have 2 different email accounts under 1
profile that operate separately with their own respective folders, etc.
Ads
  #2  
Old July 19th 07, 08:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 544
Default Moving Outlook account to another Windows log-in user account

Answered in the Outlook General Questions group.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply
only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***


"chillinnsatx" wrote:

I currently use 2 different Windows log-in User accounts, and have an email
account I access on each of them, 1 for work and 1 for home. I did this
because my work environment is wireless.

I'm sick of switching back and forth between Windows user accounts to check
work email vs. personal email. How do I transfer one Outlook email account
to another Windows user account on the same computer. I'm sure I could just
add an email account on one or the other, and delete it from the existing
User Account, but I'd like to retain all of my existing folders and content.
Then I'll need to figure out how to have 2 different email accounts under 1
profile that operate separately with their own respective folders, etc.

  #3  
Old July 20th 07, 02:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
chillinnsatx
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default Moving Outlook account to another Windows log-in user account

Was not answered in Outlook General Questions group, I still need help on
this.

"Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

Answered in the Outlook General Questions group.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply
only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***


"chillinnsatx" wrote:

I currently use 2 different Windows log-in User accounts, and have an email
account I access on each of them, 1 for work and 1 for home. I did this
because my work environment is wireless.

I'm sick of switching back and forth between Windows user accounts to check
work email vs. personal email. How do I transfer one Outlook email account
to another Windows user account on the same computer. I'm sure I could just
add an email account on one or the other, and delete it from the existing
User Account, but I'd like to retain all of my existing folders and content.
Then I'll need to figure out how to have 2 different email accounts under 1
profile that operate separately with their own respective folders, etc.

  #4  
Old July 20th 07, 03:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 544
Default Moving Outlook account to another Windows log-in user account

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...8-210d5e78cc24

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply
only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***


"chillinnsatx" wrote:

Was not answered in Outlook General Questions group, I still need help on
this.

"Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

Answered in the Outlook General Questions group.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply
only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***


"chillinnsatx" wrote:

I currently use 2 different Windows log-in User accounts, and have an email
account I access on each of them, 1 for work and 1 for home. I did this
because my work environment is wireless.

I'm sick of switching back and forth between Windows user accounts to check
work email vs. personal email. How do I transfer one Outlook email account
to another Windows user account on the same computer. I'm sure I could just
add an email account on one or the other, and delete it from the existing
User Account, but I'd like to retain all of my existing folders and content.
Then I'll need to figure out how to have 2 different email accounts under 1
profile that operate separately with their own respective folders, etc.

  #5  
Old July 20th 07, 07:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,554
Default Moving Outlook account to another Windows log-in user account

"chillinnsatx" wrote in message
...
Was not answered in Outlook General Questions group, I still need help on
this.


Do you mean you didn't see the reply, or the reply didn't help?


  #6  
Old July 20th 07, 10:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
chillinnsatx
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default Moving Outlook account to another Windows log-in user account

The reply did not help

"Gordon" wrote:

"chillinnsatx" wrote in message
...
Was not answered in Outlook General Questions group, I still need help on
this.


Do you mean you didn't see the reply, or the reply didn't help?



  #7  
Old July 20th 07, 10:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
F. H. Muffman
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 263
Default Moving Outlook account to another Windows log-in user account

"chillinnsatx" wrote in message
...
Was not answered in Outlook General Questions group, I still need help
on
this.


Do you mean you didn't see the reply, or the reply didn't help?


The reply did not help


So reply to the reply, say how it failed to help you (in other words, what
didn't work with the reply) and seek more assistance in that thread, rather
then trying a new newsgroup where we could just end up giving you the exact
same advice since we haven't followed the original thread to see what you've
already been told to do.

--
f.h.

 




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hotmail account access through outlook 2007 on windows XP aravind Outlook - General Queries 9 June 6th 07 11:37 PM
Migrating Outlook settings from local user account to domain user accounts [email protected] Outlook - General Queries 3 March 27th 07 03:06 AM
Outlook new user account error message Sixfootblonde Outlook - Installation 0 April 27th 06 11:54 AM
ms outlook 2002 - setup user account Chris Outlook - Installation 2 March 30th 06 10:32 AM
How can I install outlook on my user account like I never did it? Sebastien Tardif Outlook - Installation 1 February 27th 06 07:55 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2014 Outlook Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.