Hotmail account access through outlook 2007 on windows XP

Old June 3rd 07, 11:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
aravind

Default Hotmail account access through outlook 2007 on windows XP

Hi ,

i created a free hotmail account.I have installed outlook 2007.can you
please let me know how to configure my outlook2007 for hotmail?
Old June 3rd 07, 11:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
F.H. Muffman

aravind wrote:
i created a free hotmail account.I have installed outlook 2007.can you
please let me know how to configure my outlook2007 for hotmail?

If you just created the hotmail account (within the past 4+ years, I forget
when the grandfather clause kicks in), then you can't unless you pay for a
premium account.

--
f.h.

Old June 4th 07, 12:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
F.H. Muffman

"F.H. Muffman" wrote:

aravind wrote:
i created a free hotmail account.I have installed outlook 2007.can
you please let me know how to configure my outlook2007 for hotmail?

If you just created the hotmail account (within the past 4+ years, I
forget when the grandfather clause kicks in), then you can't unless
you pay for a premium account.

Officially, yes, you need to get MSN Premium for $9.95 a month -
http://join.msn.com/premium/FAQ.

Unofficially,
http://email.about.com/od/windowsweb..._or_ IMAP.htm
lists some tools that will work with a free account. Your mileage may vary.
--
f.h.

Old June 4th 07, 02:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

F.H. Muffman wrote:

Officially, yes, you need to get MSN Premium for $9.95 a month -
http://join.msn.com/premium/FAQ.

Hotmail Plus used to work as well, but reading the description of Hotmail
Plus, it appears they've removed the ability to use Outlook or Outlook
Express.
--
Brian Tillman

Old June 4th 07, 02:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
F.H. Muffman

Brian Tillman wrote:
Officially, yes, you need to get MSN Premium for $9.95 a month -
http://join.msn.com/premium/FAQ.

Hotmail Plus used to work as well, but reading the description of
Hotmail Plus, it appears they've removed the ability to use Outlook
or Outlook Express.

Yeah, that's the vibe I got too.

Not to mention that even if it did, MSN Premium is half the price of Hotmail
Plus. =)
--
f.h.

Old June 4th 07, 12:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

F.H. Muffman wrote:

Not to mention that even if it did, MSN Premium is half the price of
Hotmail Plus. =)

Hotmail Plus is $19.95 per YEAR. Hotmail Premium (now MSN Premium) is $9.95
per MONTH.
--
Brian Tillman

Old June 4th 07, 04:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
F.H. Muffman

Brian Tillman wrote:
F.H. Muffman wrote:

Not to mention that even if it did, MSN Premium is half the price of
Hotmail Plus. =)

Hotmail Plus is $19.95 per YEAR. Hotmail Premium (now MSN Premium)
is $9.95 per MONTH.

Barrelling in at #1 on the Peeve list.... sites that list prices for
subscriptions in different formats. =\

--
f.h.

Old June 4th 07, 05:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
F.H. Muffman

F.H. Muffman wrote:
Not to mention that even if it did, MSN Premium is half the price of
Hotmail Plus. =)

Hotmail Plus is $19.95 per YEAR. Hotmail Premium (now MSN Premium)
is $9.95 per MONTH.

Barrelling in at #1 on the Peeve list.... sites that list prices for
subscriptions in different formats. =\

Oh, and I meant to add, someone tells me that WebDAV is indeed included in
Hotmail Plus. I can't find any proof of that tho.

--
f.h.

Old June 6th 07, 11:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
W3

Microsoft is on the verge of rolling out a FREE Hotmail Connector. It will
be able to do email and contacts for your Hotmail from Outlook 2007 and 2003
(Calendar use will require MSN Premium). See this link for status on the
connector;

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...225181033.aspx

W3