Outlook 2007 format .

Old July 17th 07, 05:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Chris C

Default Outlook 2007 format .

I am using Outlook 2007 and want to change the formt of the colums,
especially the date column. I change the column to the format I want but if
I exit and go back into outlook the column returns to the previous format.
Any format change I make returns to the default setting if i exit and go
back in. I do have Admin rights on my computer. Is there a setting
somewhere. Any Ideas.

WinXP SP2
MS Office 2007 (12.0.6023.5000)

Thanks
--
CC

Old July 19th 07, 08:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]

Does this happen if you create a new view from scratch, add a date field to
it and adjust the column width? My date column widths don't revert back to
original settings on any of my views, but it's worth trying a non-default
view to see if it behaves differently.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

Old July 20th 07, 07:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Chris C

I tried to make a new one from scratch and exited and entered angain and it
was gone. I can't make any changes that stay. It's like I don't have Admin
rights, but I do.

--

om wrote in message
Does this happen if you create a new view from scratch, add a date field
it and adjust the column width? My date column widths don't revert back
original settings on any of my views, but it's worth trying a non-default
view to see if it behaves differently.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

reply

Old July 20th 07, 11:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]

Try starting Outlook once with the /cleanviews switch. If you need help
using Outlook command line switches, look here (and make sure you read the
full description of the switch you want to use, to see what "side effects" it
might have):

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...185891033.aspx

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

"Chris C" wrote:

I tried to make a new one from scratch and exited and entered angain and it
was gone. I can't make any changes that stay. It's like I don't have Admin
rights, but I do.

--
C²