Outlook express address book, "tools", "option" feature missing f.

Old March 12th 06, 12:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brad

Default Outlook express address book, "tools", "option" feature missing f.

My desktop will not permit Outlook Express to share the contacts in Outlook
XP. On my laptop, Outlook Express Address Book, clickn on "tools" and there
is an "options" feature for sharing with Outlook. The "options" feature is
not present on my desktop, although both have a current, updated copy of
Windows XP and Office XP.

Until I re-formatted my desktop 2 months ago, and re-installed XP and all
the components, the "option" feature in Outlook Express Address Book was
present. Now it isn't, adn I would prefer not to re-format again.

Any ideas?????

Thanks, Brad
Old March 12th 06, 12:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them.
Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports.
Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups.

You can also find some good Outlook Express information he

http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Brad asked:

Old March 12th 06, 12:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brad

Default Outlook express address book, "tools", "option" feature missin

Milly,

Are you sure? The "option" would not be present if I did not have Outlook XP
(Office XP Pro is what I am using) installed. I don't think it is present in
Outlook Express without Office.

I thought perhaps there was an error with Office, nto Outlook Express.

Brad

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them.
Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports.
Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups.

You can also find some good Outlook Express information he

http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com

--Â

Old March 12th 06, 12:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

You are mistaken. No version of Outlook 2002 (what you are calling "Outlook
XP") ever shared with OE. The last version to do so was Outlook 2000 in IMO
mode. IF you think Outlook 2002 ever shared with OE, then you were using an
upgrade installation with a corrupt profile.
If you feel a need to share with OE, you can use a reg hack to do so:
http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/oeshare.htm

Note, that for later versions you may have to hack a different key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WAB\WAB4

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]