set contact list as address book default; not LDAP

Old March 11th 06, 06:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sugar

Default set contact list as address book default; not LDAP

In preparing an email in Microsoft Office Outlook, when I select "To" the
contact list is not accessed, but an error message comes on an eternity later
and says LDAP Directory Server cannot be accessed, then gives a flag menu to
select from where 'contacts' is a choice. How can I change the default
setting to be my contact list instead of LDAP?

Other issues: How do I stop the Network Connection password prompt screen
from coming (frequently) on when I'm already connected?

Old March 11th 06, 07:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Remove the LDAP Service since you obviously do not use one.
Add the Outlook Address Book Service instead.
Method depends on your version, which you did not post.
Read the KB article that relates to your version:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...Product=ol2002

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]