OL 2002

Old March 10th 06, 07:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
keeferone

Default OL 2002

Have complete Contacts file, but address book as disappeared while removing
dup Outlook Today folders

HELP!!!! appreciated.

Old March 10th 06, 10:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Most likely you deleted the Contacts Folder that your Outlook Address Book
view was displaying. It should be easy enough to show your current Contacts
Folder. Just R click it, Properties Outlook Address Book Tab enable it
as an email address book. Restart Outlook.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old March 10th 06, 11:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
keeferone

Thanks Russ,

Appreciate your reply.
Never to sit idly, I deleted my profile, now totally messed up, following
someone's suggestion form a Google search.

Should have had the faith previous experiences here have taught me...that
the solution is forthcoming.

So now cannot get to the files at all.

Old March 10th 06, 11:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Why? Deleting profiles never touches your data.
All your Outlook data is still on your hard drive. Just open each PST file
until you find it, then use that PST file as your new profile's default.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old March 12th 06, 02:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
keeferone

Thanks again Russ,
Only way I know to try another .pst file is to rename the one now being used
so that O/L is forced look for the file.
Is there another method?

Old March 12th 06, 03:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

The one I posted.
File Open Outlook Data File...
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

"keeferone" wrote in message
Have complete Contacts file, but address book as disappeared while
removing dup Outlook Today folders

HELP!!!! appreciated.

Outlook 2002 [email protected] Outlook - General Queries 8 March 17th 06 01:28 PM
OL 2002 keeferone Outlook - General Queries 4 March 11th 06 01:16 PM
Outlook 2002 KC Outlook - Installation 1 March 6th 06 09:58 PM
2003 to 2002 Ginger Outlook - General Queries 1 January 19th 06 03:00 AM
Outlook 2002 Novella Outlook - Using Contacts 2 January 11th 06 10:30 PM