importing custom fields into a custom form

Old January 16th 07, 09:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
susan lasalle

Default importing custom fields into a custom form

I'm trying to import contact information stored in Excel into an Outlook
contact folder. There is a field in Excel which is not standard to outlook
so I created
1. a custom field for the extra field
2. a custom contact form to enter and display the extra field

when I try to import and map the fields, the custom field I created isn't
displayed in the "to" side of the "map custom fields" dialog box.
additionally, when I try to import the data from excel without mapping the
custom field, the contacts are created in the standard contact form rather
than the custom form - although I have set the properties for the folder to
use the custom form as the default form for new contacts.

Thanks SO MUCH for any light you can shed!

Old January 16th 07, 10:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Outlook does not support importing to a custom form, nor importing custom fields. You would need to write your own import code or use a third-party tool. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/customimport.htm
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP