Import from excel into a custom form and fields in Contacts

Old February 1st 06, 02:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
John

Default Import from excel into a custom form and fields in Contacts

I have taken the default contact form and added and deleted some controls to
more represent a chain of retail stores. Main concerns were to have

Store name
Store number
Region
Buying Office
Manager
Asst.Manager
District
etc, as well as the usual items

For each new item, I added a a label and textbox, opened the textbox
properties and change the name and created a new field (eg. txtStoreName) in
design mode

I designed and created enough fields to correspond with an Excel Spreadsheet
that I receive from the store chain corp office, which has each store in on
row... each column a seperate field.

I then published the new form to the folder, say, "retail stores", which was
under the contacts folder. I set the properties of this folder to
Under the general tab - when posting to this folder use... I pick the new
form
Under the form tab - i associated the new form with the folder

One would think all was going well at this point.

Whenever I try to import the named range on the excel sheet, I get stuck at
the point where I need to map the fields. The only fields available to map
to appear to be the standard fields... None of my new fields appear.

Can someone tell me why? Please

Old February 1st 06, 02:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

See my response to your post in another group.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP