Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Using Contacts (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-using-contacts/)
-   -   importing custom fields into a custom form (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-using-contacts/37963-importing-custom-fields-into-custom.html)

susan lasalle January 16th 07 08:35 PM

importing custom fields into a custom form

I'm trying to import contact information stored in Excel into an Outlook
contact folder. There is a field in Excel which is not standard to outlook
so I created
1. a custom field for the extra field
2. a custom contact form to enter and display the extra field

when I try to import and map the fields, the custom field I created isn't
displayed in the "to" side of the "map custom fields" dialog box.
additionally, when I try to import the data from excel without mapping the
custom field, the contacts are created in the standard contact form rather
than the custom form - although I have set the properties for the folder to
use the custom form as the default form for new contacts.

Thanks SO MUCH for any light you can shed!

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] January 16th 07 09:01 PM

importing custom fields into a custom form

Outlook does not support importing to a custom form, nor importing custom fields. You would need to write your own import code or use a third-party tool. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/customimport.htm
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP