Old January 16th 07, 08:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
susan lasalle

Default importing custom fields into a custom form

I'm trying to import contact information stored in Excel into an Outlook
contact folder. There is a field in Excel which is not standard to outlook
so I created
1. a custom field for the extra field
2. a custom contact form to enter and display the extra field

when I try to import and map the fields, the custom field I created isn't
displayed in the "to" side of the "map custom fields" dialog box.
additionally, when I try to import the data from excel without mapping the
custom field, the contacts are created in the standard contact form rather
than the custom form - although I have set the properties for the folder to
use the custom form as the default form for new contacts.

Thanks SO MUCH for any light you can shed!