Error MSG No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Old December 12th 08, 05:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Skippy

Default Error MSG No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I have tried everything but buy a new version of Outlook. I have removed all
AV software, removed Office 2003 and re-installed, verified and re-verified
ISP info and can not get Outlook to retrieve msgs. It will send but will not
receive. The full error msg is as follows:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.windstream.net',
Server: 'pop.windstream.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Any suggestions? I am running on a dial-up from my home computer with a
speedstream modem. I previously ran Bellsouth as my ISP and have since
changed to alltel. They provided me with phonejack gadgets to avoid internet
interuption. I am connecting to the internet because I am able to retrieve
my msg's from webmail. Any thoughts on this issue?

Skippy
Old December 13th 08, 04:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
neo [mvp outlook]

Since you didn't mention what version of Windows you are using, the safest
question to ask is... are you using a 3rd party firewall program that could
be blocking Outlook?

Another option that can be tried is to turn on diagnostic logging in Outlook
2003 to see if it is making connection and then getting dropped.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...742661033.aspx