error 0x800ccc0e socket error 10060

Old May 4th 06, 07:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Adam

Default error 0x800ccc0e socket error 10060

I am trying to help a friend out with this error. He can send but not
receive in Outlook Express 6 running on Windows XP Home Edition SP2. I
have read and read articles on the internet on how to fix this and
tried several different suggested solutions with no luck. I have
uninstalled and reinstalled OE as microsoft suggested, I have
uninstalled all antivirus software (temproarily of course), and tried
with the windows firewall turned off and have even moved the machine
from behind his Linksys firewall. No luck in getting this issue
resolved. I have went over his connection settings several times as
well, and verified that they are correct with comcast. I did find a
few viruses and a lot of spyware on his machine when I started working
on this issue. I guess what I am trying to find out is if there is a
type of virus, spyware, or malware that would cause this issue? I have
scanned and cleaned the machine with AntiVir, Symantec Antivirus
Corporate 9, Windows Defender, Ad-Aware, Spy-Bot and Prevx1. I have
also ran windows SFC with no luck. Any help or ideas would be would be
appreciated. My next step is the pretty little Dell Recovery Disk.

Old May 4th 06, 07:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Go to ToolsAccountsMailPropertiesServers Tab. Under *Outgoing mail
server*, check the box for My server requires authentication. Next, click
the Settings button and insert your user name, {everything before the @ in
your address} and enter the password. Reboot.

If still no joy, Windows Defender has had some issues. Look to that as a
possible cause.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

oups.com...

Old May 4th 06, 08:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Adam

Yeah. I ahve already tried that with no luck, and was having the issue
before I installed windows defender. He didn't have any virus or
antispyware protection on this machine before I stepped in. Thanks for
the reply.

Old May 6th 06, 03:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
LLU VILLELA

"Adam" escreveu na mensagem
oups.com...
[...]

Daily "No socket Error": 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E GB Outlook Express 2 March 20th 06 09:36 PM
OE Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D Mary Outlook Express 4 March 20th 06 02:44 AM
socket error 10053 SP Outlook Express 12 March 7th 06 06:44 PM
Socket Error: 10060 N Delaney Outlook Express 4 March 6th 06 01:32 AM
Paid Account and Error 0x800CCC0E MDR Outlook Express 1 January 18th 06 07:08 PM