email in outlook

Old March 14th 09, 10:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
aac1215

Default email in outlook

i have all of a sudden got these hidden markers in my emails. i forget what
they are called. the bars at the end of sentences, dots between words etc
how do i hide them/make them dissappear
Old March 14th 09, 10:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
VanguardLH[_2_]

aac1215 wrote:

i have all of a sudden got these hidden markers in my emails. i forget what
they are called. the bars at the end of sentences, dots between words etc
how do i hide them/make them dissappear

You are using Word as your new-mail editor. You also configured Word to
show formatting characters. Someone that knows Word can tell you how to
navigate the menus (or you could look for yourself).
Old March 14th 09, 06:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Test

On the Format Text tab and in the Paragraph section of Outlook 2007 click
the ¶ button.

Old March 14th 09, 07:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon[_6_]

"Test" wrote in message
On the Format Text tab and in the Paragraph section of Outlook 2007 click
the ¶ button.

Please quote the post you are replying to.

Thank you

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Old March 14th 09, 08:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Test

I use a newsgroup reader that shows me exactly which post my replies are
for - maybe you should too. This is one of the reason why I don't use
web-based readers.

Old March 14th 09, 08:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon[_6_]

"Test" wrote in message
I use a newsgroup reader that shows me exactly which post my replies are
for - maybe you should too. This is one of the reason why I don't use
web-based readers.

These posts are replicated over many thousands of news servers round the
world, not just the MS news servers. Posts go "missing". That is one reason
why you should quote the the post you are replying to.
Have a look he

And if you look at my headers you will see that I AM using a newsreader.

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Old March 14th 09, 08:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Test

These posts are replicated over many thousands of news servers round the
world, not just the MS news servers. Posts go "missing". That is one
reason why you should quote the the post you are replying to.
Have a look he

And if you look at my headers you will see that I AM using a newsreader.

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

OK. I take your point. I just hate that we are still stuck in the dark ages!

Old March 14th 09, 10:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"aac1215" wrote in message

i have all of a sudden got these hidden markers in my emails. i forget what
they are called. the bars at the end of sentences, dots between words etc
how do i hide them/make them dissappear

Press Ctrl-Shift-8 to toggle the formatting marks off/on.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old March 14th 09, 10:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"Test" wrote in message

I use a newsgroup reader that shows me exactly which post my replies are
for - maybe you should too. This is one of the reason why I don't use
web-based readers.

Standard practice for newsgroups, exspecially when using a newsreader, is to
quote the message to which you're replying.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old March 14th 09, 10:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"Test" wrote in message

OK. I take your point. I just hate that we are still stuck in the dark ages!

It's only the dark ages if you quote the entire message without using cut to
remove the irrelevant portions (like the signature of the person to whom
you're replying).
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]