New Email Message in Outlook 2007 starts in Body of email not in To:field

Old March 24th 08, 08:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Default New Email Message in Outlook 2007 starts in Body of email not in To:field

I have a number of users who have been upgraded to Outlook 2007 and
now when click on New - Email the Email window opens with the cursor
in the body of the email first. In previous versions the focus was
always in the To: field. I can't find anywhere to change this.
Anyone know?
Old March 25th 08, 03:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky {MVP}

It should open in the to field fn new mail, in the body for replies.. Try
Help, Office Diagnostics
--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

Old March 27th 08, 02:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Default New Email Message in Outlook 2007 starts in Body of email not in

Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
Outlook 2007:http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/

Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com

wrote in message

I have a number of users who have been upgraded to Outlook 2007 and
now when click on New - Email the Email window opens with the cursor
in the body of the email first. In previous versions the focus was
always in the To: field. I can't find anywhere to change this.
Anyone know?

Thanks Diane, I did try that but no luck. I also did a completely
fresh install and then upgraded to SP1, no luck. If I change the
Message format from HTML to Rich text or vice versa, it works
correctly on the first new email I create but then reverts to having
the focus in the body for all subsequent emails.
Old March 28th 08, 01:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky {MVP}

do the affected users use outlook today? There is an issue with focus when
outlook uses outlook today - I don't know if this might be related to that,
but if they are using outlook today, tell them not to use it as an
experiment.

also - if they have any add-ins installed, disable them to see if it helps.
And if you kept the profiles used with Outlook 2003, try a new profile to
see if it helps.