single/double click

Old February 11th 09, 10:08 PM
goosecrossing goosecrossing is offline
Junior Member

Default single/double click

I am having an issue with Outlook 2007. Whenever I get a brand new message, it takes a Single click to open it (it is usually a double click). When the messages is no longer new, it requires a double click to open it.

I have been unable to find an option in Outlook itself to modify this, and on-line answers only point to changing my actual mouse from single to double click. My mouse works fine outside of Outlook, as far as single/double clicking is concerned...any ideas??? thank you for your time and effort.
Old February 12th 09, 05:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

is the message highlighted in blue when you single click and gray or white
when you double click? do you have any addins installed?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Old February 12th 09, 07:39 PM
goosecrossing goosecrossing is offline
Junior Member

The message looks like a normal incoming/new message...bold black writing, until you single click it once, the window opens up full screen, afterwards...it is no longer bold (the message is now read instead of unread)...no add-ins that I know of...

Thank you for the response
Old April 24th 09, 07:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sophia Kelly

I had the same issue in Outlook 2002. I closed outlook, ran scanpst.exe (run
a search on your hard drive to find it, it should be there) on the personal
folder file *.pst in use, which repaired the error. I also compacted the pst
file, which I don't think was what helped, but it may have been. Outlook is
now functioning normally.

Sophia Kelly
Technology Tailoring
www.sophiakelly.ca

Old September 8th 12, 07:15 PM
TopHat TopHat is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy

[quote=goosecrossing;291419]I am having an issue with Outlook 2007. Whenever I get a brand new message, it takes a Single click to open it (it is usually a double click). When the messages is no longer new, it requires a double click to open it. [quote]

Goosecrossing,

Did you solve your problem? I am suddenly having the same problem in Outlook 2007. I'm running Window 7 Home Premium on an HP G71 notebook. I searched for the scan file suggested to you but could not find it.

I can work around this but it is a pain and not the original setup.