Outlook 2007 rules problem? CC problem?

Old August 31st 07, 12:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
MGedge

Default Outlook 2007 rules problem? CC problem?

Okay, I'm relatively new to Outlook 2007 or Outlook in general, but I've been
asked to solve a problem because they think I know what I'm doing.... :-)
I installed 2007 on this computer recently and one of our know-it-all people
reconfigured it for me somehow. The computer was set up so that it would
receive emails from 2 different email accounts (user 1 & 2). Problem is, when
an email is sent to user 1 and cc'd to user 2, user 1 gets two copies of the
email and user 2 receives none. This is done with no rules applied. Now, Mr.
know-it-all created a rule that would send the emails to his inbox. When I
apply the rule, send an email to user 1 and cc to user 2, user 2 gets two
copies and user 1 receives none. Can someone please explain what other
setting could be the root of this problem? Is there a bug somewhere or is
there some other setting that needs to be addressed? Thank You.
Old September 2nd 07, 02:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky

are you 100% sure 2 copies are going to one acct and not 1 copy to each acct
but both are placed in the same local inbox?

do you have different username and passwords for user1 and user2?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Old September 6th 07, 03:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
MGedge

Hi Diane:

Well. here's the story of what we're trying to accomplish. We have a
salesman and he has his own customer service rep. He has set up her computer
with separate email accounts (his and hers) with different user names and
passwords so that she can get emails from both accounts. Her account, by
itself, has it's own inbox and works fine. His account, by itself, also works
fine with his own inbox. Now, when an email is sent to her and CC'd to him,
he gets two emails and she gets none. If this is the case that both emails
are going into the same inbox as you say, (and it appears that it is quite
possible), how would I be able to direct them appropriately? Another weird
thing is she has no junk mail folder but he does and only HIS junk mail gets
to that folder. I have no idea where hers is going.

Thanks, Mat