separating old from current contacts

Old September 26th 09, 10:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Jo Foster

Default separating old from current contacts

I am using Outlook 2003 and Vista
too many contacts
so I would like to move the old ones into a separate folder, which I have
created.
But there seems to be no way to drag and drop or cut and paste each one. I
don't have time to go into each field box on each one! I've tried
right-clicking but there's no option for "move contact to..." I read
somewhere that you can separate contacts into different sections but can't
find it now
Old September 26th 09, 11:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Are you saying there is no Edit Move to Folder... command in your
installation? There is on everyone else's.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old September 26th 09, 12:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sue Mosher [MVP][_2_]

Drag and drop works nicely, too. Just be sure you're trying to do it between
folders in the main Outlook view, and not from within the Address Book dialog.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP