Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Using Contacts (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-using-contacts/)
-   -   separating old from current contacts (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-using-contacts/95336-separating-old-current-contacts.html)

Jo Foster September 26th 09 10:58 AM

separating old from current contacts

I am using Outlook 2003 and Vista
too many contacts
so I would like to move the old ones into a separate folder, which I have
created.
But there seems to be no way to drag and drop or cut and paste each one. I
don't have time to go into each field box on each one! I've tried
right-clicking but there's no option for "move contact to..." I read
somewhere that you can separate contacts into different sections but can't
find it now

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] September 26th 09 11:41 AM

separating old from current contacts

Are you saying there is no Edit Move to Folder... command in your
installation? There is on everyone else's.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Sue Mosher [MVP][_2_] September 26th 09 12:45 PM

separating old from current contacts

Drag and drop works nicely, too. Just be sure you're trying to do it between
folders in the main Outlook view, and not from within the Address Book dialog.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP