How do I combine 2 groups of contacts into 1 group?

Old September 15th 09, 08:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Hollinoelle

Default How do I combine 2 groups of contacts into 1 group?

I have 3 groups of contacts and when I send out an email, Group A returns an
error message that none or only some may have received the email. The 'Group
A' address could not be found. I could combine Group A with Group B, as it
seems to work fine, but don't know how to combine them. Help!
Old September 15th 09, 09:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

We have no idea what you mean by groups of contacts. Outlook uses no such
term. Define the term.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old September 16th 09, 06:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
PM

Seemed clear to me...has multiple groups defined by different criteria. I
have the same issue, and hope some can shed light on combining multiple
'groups' of Contacts, or whatever the "proper" word for that is in Outlook.
We're not all programers......

Old September 16th 09, 08:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Gordon[_6_]

"pm" wrote in message
Seemed clear to me...has multiple groups defined by different criteria. I
have the same issue, and hope some can shed light on combining multiple
'groups' of Contacts, or whatever the "proper" word for that is in
Outlook.
We're not all programers......

No need to be a programmer - where do you see the word "group" in Outlook?

Old September 16th 09, 09:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
PM

Actually, if you type in 'groups' in the Outlook help box, you'll find about
half dozen references using that word...in Outlook. But, the original poster
and myself were looking for help with an issue, not a 'question critique'.
Thanks anyway, I'll try a different "community". Take care...

Old September 16th 09, 09:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Gordon[_6_]

"pm" wrote in message
Actually, if you type in 'groups' in the Outlook help box, you'll find
about
half dozen references using that word...in Outlook. But, the original
poster
and myself were looking for help with an issue, not a 'question critique'.
Thanks anyway, I'll try a different "community". Take care...

Best of luck. If you don't use the correct term THEY won't know what you are
talking about either...

Old September 16th 09, 10:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Then write a question that makes sense to more than just yourself. If there
are 6 different uses of the word "group" how do we know which one you mean?
Outlook does not use the term.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old September 17th 09, 02:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"pm" wrote in message

Seemed clear to me...has multiple groups defined by different criteria. I
have the same issue, and hope some can shed light on combining multiple
'groups' of Contacts, or whatever the "proper" word for that is in Outlook.
We're not all programers......

A "group" in Outlook means a "collection of folders". In Outlook Express, it
means "a collection of contacts". In Outlook, this latter is called a
"Distribution List". not a "group".
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]