Category Limits, Mail Merges, and MS Word

Old October 24th 12, 05:28 PM
JoeyJoJo JoeyJoJo is offline
Junior Member

Default Category Limits, Mail Merges, and MS Word

Hi,

For the sake of argument, lets say I have 160 custom categories, and I want to pick 80 of those categories to include in a mail merge (figures are approximate). Is this possible with so many?

Scenario: In Outlook Contacts, I click "View"-"Filter"-"More Choices"-"Categories" and tick 80 of the categories. Then I go to "Mail Merge"

Problem 1: For some reason, when I merge into a word document, not all contacts have been included. It appears that, in particular, contacts that have similar category names are missing (e.g. lets say categories are named "GB Participant 2003", "GB Participant 2004","GB Participant 2005" etc etc etc up to current year) - only a few of them are included in the merge.

Problem 2: I have a particular Contact, which I have named "Test", who has been assigned all 160 categories. When I do a 'mail merge' with just this one contact, and include the merge field "Categories" in the word document (to hopefully output a comma separated list of all categories into the word document) it will only output a list of 67 of the 180 categories, again, mostly skipping over several of the 'similarly named' categories

Why?

Any help appreciated!

Rgds,
Joey