Outlook 2007 Contact list does not match 'To' list when sending em

Old October 7th 08, 11:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Shawna

Default Outlook 2007 Contact list does not match 'To' list when sending em

When I click on 'To' when sending and email and choosing an address the
contacts shown don't match the contacts in the contact list. The contacts
showing when I click on 'To' are not updating from the contact list. How can
I fix this? I am using a Microsoft Exchange account but don't know a whole
lot about how it works. Thanks.
Old October 8th 08, 01:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

We could use a bit more information, such as some details on what you are
actually seeing in the Select Names dialog. Look in the Address Book
drop-down list and tell us what choices you see there.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old October 8th 08, 02:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Shawna

Default Outlook 2007 Contact list does not match 'To' list when sendin

When I click on new email and then click on 'To' to select recipients, the
list is different from the list when I use the contact icon. The lists of
contacts are not the same. When in a new email the list is not updated
compared to the list in contacts.

Old October 8th 08, 04:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

I wasn't asking about the individual contacts, but about the choices in the
drop-down list. We can't help you without that kind of information.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old October 8th 08, 04:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Shawna

The address book drop down list has Outlook Address Book which includes
Contacts, Contacts; Global Address List; All Address Lists which includes
many subfolders which I don't use; and Public Folders. Only one of the
Contacts folders has anything in it. The other is blank. If I click on
Outlook Address Book it says 'No entries in this Address Book'.
Is this what you mean?

Old October 8th 08, 04:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Shawna

When I click on the Contacts icon, under My Contacts there are two folders.
One is Contacts which is current and the other is Contacts in Personal
Folders which is not updated. It appears that the folder that shows up when
I click on 'To" in a new email is the Contacts in Personal Folders. This is
the list that is not updating. How do I get the Contacts folder to show up
when I click on 'To'? I believe this has something to do with using Exchange.

Old October 8th 08, 05:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

To add or remove a contacts folder from the Address Book display, bring up
the Properties dialog for the folder, and go to the Outlook Address Book tab.
To add the folder, check the box on that tab. To remove it from the Address
Book display, uncheck the box on that tab. You will not be able to uncheck
the box for the Contacts folder in your default information store, which
normally should be the Exchange mailbox in an Exchange environment.

To control which address list is shown by default when you click To, choose
Tools | Address Book, then Tools | Options. The "Show this address list
first" drop-down is at the top of the dialog.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old October 8th 08, 08:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Shawna

I have done this but it didn't change anything. In the address book display
there are two contact options. One has nothing in it and the other has an
old list that is not updated when compared to the contacts that show up when
clicking on the contacts button.

Old October 8th 08, 09:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

That suggests that the Outlook Address Book service in your mail profile may
be corrupt. The fix for that is to use Tools | Accounts to remove it, then
restart Outlook and add it back.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old October 8th 08, 10:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Shawna

How exactly do I do that?

Thanks a lot for your help.