OUTLOOK 2007 AUTOCOMPLETE

Old October 9th 08, 02:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Loren Hatleberg

Default OUTLOOK 2007 AUTOCOMPLETE

I'm sure this has already been answered somewhere else but why does the
"autocomplete" feature lose it's memory when I shut down. It's works fine
until I power down for the night and the next day none of my contacts from
the previous day are remembered. All of the boxes for this are checked so it
has to be a setting hidden away somewhere. Anybody know the answer to this?
I have spent way too much time looking for the solution for this minor
problem.

--
Loren

Old October 9th 08, 02:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_]

That indicates a corrupt profile. Create a new one and configure it to use
your current .pst file.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Loren Hatleberg asked:

Old October 9th 08, 04:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Make sure Outlook is not listed in Task Manager, Processes tab a few
minutes after you close it. If it is, figure out why it's running. See
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/close.asp. This list is not saved until
outlook closes correctly.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Old October 9th 08, 01:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Loren Hatleberg

Diane,
I checked the task manager and Outlook does appear to turn off and no other
program shows up as running. I do have Charter Security Suite as my anti
virus program and that seems ok as well. How can I figure out what program
is doing this

--
Loren

Old October 9th 08, 05:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

If outlook is closing properly, then the profile is corrupt and you'll need
to make a new profile.