Outlook crashed and can not open

Old August 15th 08, 03:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
superbrat

Default Outlook crashed and can not open

For some unknown reason Outlook crashed and is giving me this error message:
"The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors detected in file" then c:users
link to .pst. "Quit outlook and all mail enabled applications, and then use
the inbox reapir tool (scanpst.exe) to diagnose & repair error in file.
Where is this repair inbox? I went to control panel and tried to repair from
there. It says it is repaired and when I try to open it starts then gives me
the same error message. If I uninstall and reinstall will I lose everything?
contact is big concern. I see a .pst file but if I uninstall will that go
away and how do I import that into the newly installed Outlook. I do have
Mozy backup will that have the information I need?
Old August 17th 08, 02:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_]

Do as the message says, use scanpst.exe to repair your file. D&R is not
using scanpst.exe.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, superbrat asked:

Old August 21st 08, 03:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"superbrat" wrote in message

For some unknown reason Outlook crashed and is giving me this error
message:
"The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors detected in file" then
c:users
link to .pst. "Quit outlook and all mail enabled applications, and then
use
the inbox reapir tool (scanpst.exe) to diagnose & repair error in file.
Where is this repair inbox?

Depends on your Outlook version. For OL 2003 and earlier, see if your Start
menu contains "Microsoft Office Tools". It should be there or under
"Microsoft Office". If you don't see that, you can find scanpst.exe in
%CommonProgramFiles%\system\MSMAPI\1033. For OL 2007, it should me on the
Start menu under Microsoft Office but if not, scanpst.exe should be in
%ProrgamFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office12
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old September 11th 08, 07:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"nik" wrote in message

Hi , I am having the exact same problem. How do I fix this, I have
Microsoft
Outlook 2007

I included the instructions for OL 2007 in the message you quoted. Why
bother to reply if you're not going to read what's already there.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]