Orphaned Outlook Contact List

Old February 8th 06, 05:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
[email protected]

Default Orphaned Outlook Contact List

I have an Executive using Outlook XP. This user moved an outlook
contact list to a new folder. In doing so, the link between that
contact list was corrupted. I was able to re-add the his contact list
but was unable to remove the old list from OAB. Now, there are two
occurences of the same Contact list, but one is invalid. Whenever you
click on the first list, Outlook displays a message that states "The
folder has been moved for this contact list, please see Microsoft help
for removing this entry." I have looked in Microsoft's KB but to no
avail. I have been unable to remove the entry with the delete button
since it is grayed out. Is there a tool or way to remove the invalid
Contact list entry from OAB? We are using an exchange 2000 server to
host the mailbox stores. This user is using cached mode on a WinXP
laptop which I believe caused the problem in the first place because he
wasn't connected to the network when he moved the list.

Thanks,

Gavin

Old February 8th 06, 05:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Noel All

Remove the Outlook Address Book service and then re-add it, to remove go to
Tools || Email Accounts || select 4th radio button || Next || highlight the
Outlook Address Book and select Remove. Close Outlook and add it back in.
oups.com...

Old February 8th 06, 09:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Explain again why you can't just remove the invalid entry he
Tools E-mail accounts View or change existing directories or address
books Outlook Address Book Change.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]