Outlook 2003 contact list won't display

Old January 8th 06, 07:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Teacher Janet

Default Outlook 2003 contact list won't display

Russ:

I just picked up your response to my request. As far as I know, the old
contact list was NOT used by another, but I kept getting that error message.
I once tried to set it up to be shared by my husband on our peer-to-peer
network but was unsuccessful in doing so. Therefore, as far as I'm aware, I
am still the only one using it. Can I get it back by uninstalling Outlook
2003?

Janet

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

Never try to install or run 2 versions of Outlook at once.
The only way to fix your situation is to remove both completely and
reinstall only one version.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Teacher Janet" Teacher wrote in message
I teach online computer software classes at a local community college. My
newest class was an introductory course for Office 2003. I had Office 2000
Professional loaded on my desktop at home and attempted to load the Office
Professional 2003 files in a different location in the Programs directory,
but it appears to have upgraded instead, wiping out all my previous Office
2000 programs. Even so, everything seems to work fine except for the fact
that the Outlook Contacts folder won't display. Years ago I attempted to
share the Outlook Contacts folder over our peer-to-peer network without
success, and since then any time I opened my 2000 Contacts folder, I had
click off an error message that popped up saying it was being used by
another, then it would display just fine. Can you help?

Old January 8th 06, 09:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Your data file should be fine. Back it up.
You'll have to get back to having only one version installed, however,
before an Outlook profile will work.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]