Sharing contacts

Old January 8th 06, 12:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Bob

Default Sharing contacts

How do I share my contacts with other users on the same computor. I have
tried moving them into the shared folder but this seems to just move the
shortcut and no actual information????
--
thanks
Old January 8th 06, 02:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

You have posted no information. Outlook version, information store and what
you mean by "shared folder" would seem a minimum you should have posted. We
can't read minds.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old January 8th 06, 03:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Bob

I am now officially told off, sorry but I am new to all this.
I have outlook 2003, the shared folder is the folder that is used if you
want to transfer information (i.e photographs or documents) between users
(who have their own personnal settings)using the same computor. Don`t know
what you mean by information store. I wish to be able to transfer or gain
access to contacts list and calendar for other users in their section. Hope
this is a little clearer.
--
thanks

Old January 8th 06, 05:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

You need to find and move the actual *.pst file (information store), not
make a shortcut to it. Use cut and paste if dragging doesn't work. Oh, and
close outlook first.

to find the file: http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/filepath.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Old January 8th 06, 06:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

I see. I take it then you are a standalone user using a local data file, not
using an Exchange Server mailbox. It's still not clear what you did.
Contacts do not exist as a separate file, they are simply one folder in your
Outlook data file (PST file). So what did you move to shared folders? You'd
need to move your entire Outlook data file to a shared location and then set
each Outlook profile to use that file as its default information store.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]