IMPORT ADDITIONAL DATA FROM EXCEL TO OUTLOOK CONTACTS

Old January 8th 06, 12:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
greek evangelos

Default IMPORT ADDITIONAL DATA FROM EXCEL TO OUTLOOK CONTACTS

I wanted to add new contacts at my outlook so i exported the contacts to an
excel file. Then i added new data in each field and tried to import them back
to outlook.
The new data does not show up.
Old January 8th 06, 04:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Karl Timmermans

When you export contacts in Outlook to Excel - a named range is created
which is identical to the worksheet name which is the same as the Outlook
folder name you exported. The Named Range will only include the rows
exported by Outlook. When you added new contacts (which is what I assume you
mean by adding new data in each field) - this does not change the Named
Range boundries. All you need to do is change the ending row/col of the
Named Range to reflect the number of rows you've added.

In case you're not familiar on how to change the Named Range - from your
menn in Excel just go to:
-- Insert
-- Name
-- Define

Karl
Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - Importer 1.3 / DataPorter 2.0
"Power contact importers for MS Outlook '2000/2003"
http://www.contactgenie.com

"greek evangelos" greek wrote in
message ...