Office Standard 2007 Trial & Outlook 2007 full version

Old November 1st 07, 08:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
cmmsc777

Default Office Standard 2007 Trial & Outlook 2007 full version

I used the Office Standard 2007 trial and it expired yesterday. I only
really used Outlook, so I went to Office Depot today and purchased Outlook
2007 full licensed version.

I installed the Outlook 2007 w/out removing the Office Standard 2007 trial
aa all my emails are needed and cannot be lost under any circumstances..

When I open Outlook 2007 it is still the trial version of Office Standard
2007 and is severely crippled.

Any help would be great--new job--very deadline oriented and I'm essentially
stuck until this is resolved.

Thanks so much!
Old November 1st 07, 11:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
DL

So your mail data cannot be lost under any circumstance, and yet you have no
backup?

You have to uninstall the trial prior to installing retail

Old November 6th 07, 10:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Pat Noble

I have a related problem, maybe even more complicated. I had a disk crash on
an XP computer, so I purchased a new XP computer and reinstalled my Microsoft
Office 2003 and set up Outlook again. I needed Powerpoint for a project, so I
activated the 2007 Microsoft Office preloaded software on my machine. The
2007 Office didn't like 2003 Outlook, so it made me delete the old Outlook. I
purchased the student version of Microsoft Office 2007 and installed it. My
Add/Remove Software file now shows 2007 MS Office and 2007 MS Office for
Students, and all attempts to enter the registration key from the student
version have failed. My software displays Trial version. Do I delete the main
MS Office 2007? I'm scared to lose my Outlook mail. The reply above needs a
few more verbs to be comprehensible. Are you saying that it is inevitable
that I will lose Outlook and all of my mail (again)?
--
Pat

Old November 7th 07, 10:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
DL

Uninstalling OL, or Office has no impact on data files, allthough a backup
is allways wise.

Only a single version of OL can be installed.

Any Trial has to be unistalled prior to installing a retail edition
Unfortunately with a Office Trial you cannot uninstall just certain
components (If you have a cd you can)