Can only see outlook when its fully maximized...

Old February 10th 06, 04:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Ehren

Default Can only see outlook when its fully maximized...

Hello-

I have a querky problem with my outlook in that if it is not maximized it is
invisible. It shows in my taskbar but if i right click it and click maximize
it will show up, but then if I click the button to the right of the close
button at the top while maximized (the double window button to make it
smaller and so I can adjust the size and or move it around) you can see the
window 'de-maximize' but it goes invisible. To see it again i have to right
click the item in my taskbar and click maximize.

Not totally unusable but definately annoying! Anyone know whats up?

Thanks!
/Ehren
Old February 12th 06, 07:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

If you make your screen resolution smaller, do you see a little title bar?
If yes, move it to the middle of your screen and drag the corner to increase
it from the title bar to a small Outlook window.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Ehren asked:

Old February 11th 11, 08:05 AM
propellerhuvud propellerhuvud is offline
Junior Member

Exclamation

This problem is still an issue 5 years! later.
I have Office 2010 installed and, since a windows update last night, I cannot use Outlook 2010 other than if the window is maximized.

ANy attempt to restore window to any other size fails completely.
I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate (swedish) and this is the first time the error has ever occured.
It is though a major problem for me as it's on my business computer, and I rely heavily on that things work. This error should never happen...

Does anyone have similar experience, and maybe a proper solution (and maybe even a reson) for this?

Sincerely
/Bjarne Dahlin

UPDATE (PROBLEM SOLVED) ****************************************
This link shows a working solution on above mentioned problem:
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/pro...-t3690673.html
(There's no given reason for the behaviour, but at least I can get back to work :-))
************************************************** ************

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] View Post
If you make your screen resolution smaller, do you see a little title bar?
If yes, move it to the middle of your screen and drag the corner to increase
it from the title bar to a small Outlook window.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Ehren asked:

| Hello-
|
| I have a querky problem with my outlook in that if it is not
| maximized it is invisible. It shows in my taskbar but if i right
| click it and click maximize it will show up, but then if I click the
| button to the right of the close button at the top while maximized
| (the double window button to make it smaller and so I can adjust the
| size and or move it around) you can see the window 'de-maximize' but
| it goes invisible. To see it again i have to right click the item in
| my taskbar and click maximize.
|
| Not totally unusable but definately annoying! Anyone know whats up?
|
| Thanks!
| /Ehren

Last edited by propellerhuvud : February 11th 11 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Found the solution elsewhere!
Old March 17th 11, 09:23 PM
@dsghi @dsghi is offline
Junior Member

Smile

I know this is an older thread, but I had the same problem today, win7 ultimate, outlook 2010 - driving me crazy, if I hover over the task-bar icon, I can then right click on the window and choose maximize, but any other attempt to resize, move, etc makes it disappear.

Finally I figured out a solution: Right click on the task bar and choose "Cascade Windows".
Old July 19th 12, 09:51 AM
nobug nobug is offline
Junior Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by @dsghi View Post
I know this is an older thread, but I had the same problem today, win7 ultimate, outlook 2010 - driving me crazy, if I hover over the task-bar icon, I can then right click on the window and choose maximize, but any other attempt to resize, move, etc makes it disappear.

Finally I figured out a solution: Right click on the task bar and choose "Cascade Windows".
This worked for me. Thanks!!