Outlook 2007 beta doesn't receive/send the body of a message

Old August 21st 06, 09:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
gutdoc

Default Outlook 2007 beta doesn't receive/send the body of a message

Since downloading the beta Outlook 2007, I cannot receive or send email, as
the headers go through ok, but the body of the message is blank.

Info from Microsoft at installation worked normally, but no other email
works going in or going out. I am not sure why this parsing issue is present.

I have tried to go to a system restore before the installation, but the .pst
files are already converted to the new format, and there is no backup of the
2003 Outlook .pst files, thus I'm stuck in the beta, unable to use it for
email.

Any advise/recommendations would be appreciated.
Email at: Thanks in advance.
Old August 21st 06, 09:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Disable the email scanning feature in your anti-virus software. (For example, in AVG, uncheck certify under the email scanning settings.) You'll still be protected by its other features and by Outlook's own security, and new messages shouldn't lose their bodies. Messages you've already received, though, can't be repaired.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old July 14th 07, 02:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
bdickert

Sue,
I have a similar situation with a new HP machine where they installed the
2007 Office 60-day trial on the machine - at first I didn't know they had
OF2007Pro on there and installed Office 2003 SBE which was an upgrade - so I
had to use the 2000 CD for the install if that makes sense.

I got some type of DLL error when I launched Outlook. Then I looked and
found the OF2007 Trial. I uninstalled the Trial and OFF2003 Outlook still
had the error. I removed the OFF2003, but now when the user goes to Outlook,
she can send and receive, but it seems the connection/system/outlook goes
offline a lot - almost too quickly. Maybe I need to increase the time - or
not to go offline at all.

When she clicks on the send/receive button the system will just sit there
and she is in the connected state at this point. The dialog box just remains
open. The bars will get to 85% on the send and the time just increases. I
wonder if ther is a DNS problem - nobody else in the office is having this
issue.

I'm going to remove her profile, uninstall Office 2003 and reinstall. Do
you know of any utility that would actually remove all of Office 2003 or
Outlook 2003 - someone mentioned a clean tool.

Thanks.
Bob
5136779272

Old July 15th 07, 04:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

And that .dll error would be??????

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, bdickert asked:

Old July 15th 07, 05:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Peter Foldes

so I had to use the 2000 CD for the install if that makes sense.

Can you explain or clarify the above . Also post the exact error message as shown.
--
Peter

Old July 15th 07, 03:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
bdickert

The .dll I failed to write down because I uninstalled the 2007 Office Trial.
The 2000 Office CD I had to use was due to the SBE 2003 version they had was
an upgrade and the installer program will ask or request a copy of the
original cd during the install with an upgrade version.

I am happy to report that the user cleaned up her mailbox after receiving
the mailbox full message. So I may have been working on multiple problems
and as of yesterday she said she was working fine. She did receive the
mailbox full message in Outlook as well as OWA which makes sense. I
appreciate your answers. I wish I could have supplied the .DLL.
Thanks again.
Bob