Can't see new emails body with Outlook 2007 Beta

Old May 24th 06, 06:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Onesolo

Default Can't see new emails body with Outlook 2007 Beta

Hello,

I installed the new beta of the Office 2007, and the body of the new emails
don't show up. It's all their, judging by the size of the emails, even the
attatchments are showed.

Can anybody help???

P.S. - I had installed the two previews of the Office 2007 but never had
this kind of problem. And I allways unistalled first the office before
installing it again.
Old May 24th 06, 06:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
[email protected]

I have the same problem. I had Office XP and installed the beta, but
know the body of the email message can't be seen. If attachments are
available, I can open and view them

Old May 24th 06, 07:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

Onesolo wrote:

I installed the new beta of the Office 2007, and the body of the new
emails don't show up. It's all their, judging by the size of the
emails, even the attatchments are showed.

Try disabling any mail scanning by your AV software.
--
Brian Tillman
Old May 24th 06, 10:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Onesolo

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

Onesolo wrote:

I installed the new beta of the Office 2007, and the body of the new
emails don't show up. It's all their, judging by the size of the
emails, even the attatchments are showed.

Try disabling any mail scanning by your AV software.
--
Brian Tillman

I have AVG Free edition, and I disabled the outlook plugin and it worked.
Now I can see new emails. And the email that I was unable to view the text
body I still can't view them, but I presume that the AVG plugin did something
to them.
Old May 25th 06, 07:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Kjell Ivar

I had the same problem. I "solved" it by deactivating the e-mail scanner in
my AVG Free Edition.

When I reply (by using Outlook 2007) to one of the e-mails where the body is
not rendered, the original message body is still missing when arriving at my
Hotmail account.

However, it's all still there when I use my webmail access to the IMAP
account to which Outlook 2007 is connected. So, the e-mail bodies themselves
have not been deleted/destroyed, Outlook 2007 is just not able to render them.

As already mentioned, with the e-mail scanner deactivated, new messages
render normally.
Old May 25th 06, 03:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
wahmed

So what do we do regarding the infected messages, etc? If some infected
message comes and the message AV scanner is disabled... Any ideas for that.
Thanks

Old May 25th 06, 06:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

wahmed wrote:

So what do we do regarding the infected messages, etc? If some
infected message comes and the message AV scanner is disabled... Any
ideas for that. Thanks

You're still protected. First, you have a brain and your brain will tell
you "you didn't ask for this attachment so delete the mesage." Second, your
brain will tell you, "don't open any attachments without saving them to
disk." Then your on-access scanner will see the saved file and scan it,
protecting you if you didn't listen to your brain in the first place.
--
Brian Tillman

Old May 25th 06, 08:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Kjell Ivar

As it turns out, you don't have to deactivate the e-mail scanner if you have
AVG Free Edition, you only have to uncheck the 'Certify mail' option.

Big thanks to the staff at AVG for this info, it solved it for me. Hope it
helps you guys as well.

Old June 2nd 06, 07:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Camphero

FYI: It works I double & triple checked.

Thank you again AVG.