Outlook 2007 Public Beta 2 - 0x80040102 Error on Send/Receive

Old May 24th 06, 04:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
n1ckn4m3

Default Outlook 2007 Public Beta 2 - 0x80040102 Error on Send/Receive

I'm running Outlook's 2007 Public Beta 2 and am now having problems that I
was NOT having with the Closed Beta - Neither Beta 1 nor Technical Refresh 1
had this problem.

I receive my mail through an Exchange server locally, I'm not using VPN, I'm
not tunneling in anywhere, I'm physically attached to the exact same network
as my E-mail server is.

Outlook2007 refuses to Send/Receive. Instead, when I try, I get the
following message:
"Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Receiving' reported error (0x80040102) :
'The requested operation cannot be performed on this account'

I have deleted the account locally and re-created it, I have uninstalled
Outlook 2007 Beta 2 and reinstalled it, and yet nothing seems to work. All
other users connecting to this server (Using Outlook 2003) have no problems.
If I remove my network cable and test, I still receive the same error --
leading me to believe it is a problem locally.

Any ideas on how to get this resolved? I'd like to continue using Beta 2,
but I will have to go back to TR1 if this cannot be resolved.
Old May 24th 06, 04:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Thomas Jefferies

Just to update -- uninstalling Outlook 2007 Public Beta 2 and re-installing
Outlook 2007 Technical Refresh 2 causes the error to disappear -- without any
reconfiguration of user account / etc.
--
---
n1ckn4m3

Old May 24th 06, 05:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
fearthefox

The solution I have tried that seems to work is to setup up a pop account
from your exchange server. I still have the exchange account set as default
and I no longer get the send receive error.

Old May 24th 06, 06:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Thomas Jefferies

Thanks for the workaround! I hope Microsoft fixes this soon, I'm looking
forward to using the Beta 2 builds for testing but can't in good faith until
this gets fixed.

Thanks again for the workaround!

--
---
n1ckn4m3

Old May 25th 06, 04:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Mark Urness

I also suffered through this and have another temporary workaround that seems
to be working for the time being. I got this error when I had my profile
configured as follows:
-Exchange server sending to a PST file by default.

I recreated the profile and it worked the first time I logged in, but when I
changed my default message location to the PST file, I received the error
again.

I ended up recreating the prodile with my PST file, but leaving the default
location on the exchange server and have not had any issues since.

Hope that helps,

Mark

--
Mark Urness

Old May 25th 06, 02:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
fred S

I also was having issues on sending mail from Office 2007. But the Office
help helped in eliminating this issue. Under tools- account settings, -then
highlight the account to change-click change-click more settings. From there,
select out going server, now experiment with each option,test it with , test
-Test Account Settings. I had to select the last one for the sending of
email...but all works well now. Hope this saves some people some grief...

fred S

Old May 25th 06, 08:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Thomas Jefferies

Same story here -- Outlook downloading from the Exchange Server and
delivering to my Personal Folders (.PST) file. I'll test your workaround
here and see if it works for me as well, it will be better than using POP
because we have the POP connector disabled in Exchange as we don't need
outside access!

Thanks very much for the info!
--
---
n1ckn4m3

Old May 26th 06, 02:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
[email protected]

I'm in the same boat. My problem is that I can't receive Exchange mail,
but I can send. I realized that Outlook is synchronizing the folders on
Exchange...except the Inbox. So, I keep Outlook for Web Access open and
move any new messages into a newly created folder (I called it Outlook
2007 Sync). Outlook then syncs that folder, and I have all of my
messages in Outlook, where I then move them to my PST's Inbox. If I
didn't use client-side rules, I would just create a server side rule to
move all incoming messages to this sync folder and I'd never have to
use OWA. But, I have a lot of client-side rules, so I'm stuck with this
for now.

Wes Hsu

Old May 31st 06, 09:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Depova

I had this same problem, turning on cached exchange mode fixed it. Not sure
why...