Help, please... Outlook 2000 - Inbox Repair Tool fails.

Old January 31st 06, 08:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Robert27

Default Help, please... Outlook 2000 - Inbox Repair Tool fails.

In Outlook 2000, something went wrong, so it told me to run the Inbox Repair
Tool. I did that, but at the end of step 4 (of 8), it says "An error has
occured which caused the scan to stop. No changes have been made to the
scanned file."

So,... what do I do now? Help, please.

Thanks.
--
Robert27
Old February 4th 06, 02:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]

See if the information on the following page helps:

http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.htm

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

Old September 27th 11, 01:28 PM
richerdey richerdey is offline
Junior Member

Wink

After trying inbox repair tool which is a built-in app and comes with Outlook application at such time you need time you need a PST recovery application. Outlook's PST files get corrupted due to different causes of data loss situations such as power loss and any other unexpected system behaviors. Fix pst outlook recovery using PST recovery application and get back inaccessible PST files.
Old October 7th 11, 02:11 PM
Chrislla86 Chrislla86 is offline
Junior Member

You should move as many of the items from the Lost And Found folder to a new Personal Folders (.pst) file in your profile. First, create a new Personal Folders (.pst) file entry in your profile and drag any recovered items from the Lost And Found folder to the appropriate location in your new Personal Folders (.pst) file.
Old October 8th 11, 12:53 PM
mickjsn mickjsn is offline
Junior Member

Smile

The answer is pretty simple, actually your Outlook's PST files had a severe damage and thus the default inbox repair tool failed to repair it, since it has some limitations. However, you need not to worry for that just use Outlook Inbox repair tool which is a third party tool that will 100% repair your corrupted PST file.

i can assure you because i myself used the Outlook inbox repair tool and repaired my Outlook's corrupted PST file that other recovery software failed to recover.
Old October 11th 11, 10:59 AM
ssuphy321 ssuphy321 is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert27 View Post
In Outlook 2000, something went wrong, so it told me to run the Inbox Repair
Tool. I did that, but at the end of step 4 (of 8), it says "An error has
occured which caused the scan to stop. No changes have been made to the
scanned file."

So,... what do I do now? Help, please.

Thanks.
--
Robert27
If inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) is not able to repair the PST file, PST file is corrupted severely where you have to use the reliable pst repair tool that helps to recover the Outlook data. This software restores your valuable outlook data from pst file when inbox repair tool fails. Downloadtrail version and you are able to estimate the chances of recovery.
Old November 30th 11, 12:51 PM
alicesmith alicesmith is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssuphy321 View Post
If inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) is not able to repair the PST file, PST file is corrupted severely where you have to use the reliable pst repair tool that helps to recover the Outlook data. This software restores your valuable outlook data from pst file when inbox repair tool fails. Downloadtrail version and you are able to estimate the chances of recovery.
Inbox repair tool is an efficient tool provided by outlook to repair corrupted PST file. but in the case it fails be cause of many reasons like Oversized PST or PST file is heaviily damaged you need to use third party application like Free PST repair Software to repair corrupted PST files.
Old December 6th 11, 09:31 AM
marshalhubs marshalhubs is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert27 View Post
In Outlook 2000, something went wrong, so it told me to run the Inbox Repair
Tool. I did that, but at the end of step 4 (of 8), it says "An error has
occured which caused the scan to stop. No changes have been made to the
scanned file."

So,... what do I do now? Help, please.

Thanks.
--
Robert27

hi Robert27,

Outlook provide inbox repair tool, Sometime it happen that PST file does not repair all email data properly. In such case you have to opt for third party software. I would recommend you to use good PST Recovery Software to recover & repair your email data.
In case you face any problem, kindly reply to me.

Thanks!

Last edited by marshalhubs : January 3rd 12 at 11:01 AM.
Old December 28th 11, 10:21 AM
Avak94 Avak94 is offline
Banned

Well equipped with search option to quickly locate your PST Files, Kernel for Outlook PST Repair is the most efficient email recovery tool that provides complete recovery solution for damaged, deleted or corrupted PST files.
Old June 28th 12, 04:33 PM
christa321 christa321 is offline
Junior Member

Location: NY

Failure of Inbox repair tool indicates that your .pst file is severely damaged and require some advanced Outlook PST repair tool to fix the problem. You may search a third party application on the web. I would suggest to try free demo version of the tool first.