can't repair my PST file with scanpst.exe

Old January 25th 06, 04:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
balaji

Default can't repair my PST file with scanpst.exe

Hi,

I am using outlook 2003, and my outlook have some problem its having 2
GB of data and i am try to repair with Scanpst.exe but it says the error
that the file is too large and unable to repair the PST.
Please help me to get off this problem.

Thanks in Advance.

Balaji.k

Old January 25th 06, 04:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

See if the info here helps:
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm

Old March 12th 10, 10:15 AM
bipsa bipsa is offline
Banned

You are using outlook 2003 and its size is 4GB, far below its file size limitation of 20GB, but Outlook default tool also known as inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) is unable to correct the problem as it ability is restricted to repairing file size of 2GB and that too it truncates certain part of the PST file. So better avoid doing so, instead go for some advanced PST repair software. That does the scanning with its read only mechanism and accordingly fixes it, so that data reliability is maintained. Moreover using them you can never loose your precious data, as it restores PST file data by recreating the entry into a new file.
Old May 9th 11, 11:04 AM
freda123 freda123 is offline
Junior Member

You ahve mentioned that you are unable to repair the pst files by using scanpst tool. As an better alternative you nay use third-party scanpst tool. These tools are especially designed in a way so that you can overcome all sorts of corruption scenario.

http://www.scan-pst.com
Old August 18th 11, 01:20 PM
nedved31 nedved31 is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by freda123 View Post
You ahve mentioned that you are unable to repair the pst files by using scanpst tool. As an better alternative you nay use third-party scanpst tool. These tools are especially designed in a way so that you can overcome all sorts of corruption scenario.

http://www.scan-pst.com
For this complicated situation you may use outlook repair tool. It owns all necessary features allowing to work under any software configurations and all Windows OS. It uses modern methods of recovering data with modern and clear interface.
Old September 27th 11, 12:05 PM
Jessikaa Jessikaa is offline
Banned

Due to large size of your pst you are unable to repair the PST, when it comes perform PST recovery operation, then definitely nothing could meet the standards of Kernel for Outlook PST Repair software. The tool has got the great ability to recover and restore PST file email properties.
Old November 3rd 11, 07:13 AM
marrydu marrydu is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by balaji View Post
Hi,

I am using outlook 2003, and my outlook have some problem its having 2
GB of data and i am try to repair with Scanpst.exe but it says the error
that the file is too large and unable to repair the PST.
Please help me to get off this problem.

Thanks in Advance.

Balaji.k
Microsoft Outlook 2002 and earlier versions limit the size of Personal Folders (PST) file to 2GB. Whenever the PST file reaches or exceeds that limit, you will not be able to open or load it any more, or you cannot add any new data to it. This is called oversized PST file problem.
Since Microsoft Outlook 2003, a new PST file format is used, which supports Unicode and doesn't have the 2GB size limit any more. Therefore, if you are using Microsoft Outlook 2003 or 2007, and the PST file is created in the new Unicode format, then you don't need to worry about the oversize problem any more.
whether you are worry about your oversized problem, or you want to repair your corrupted pst file, you both can use outlook recovery tools such as Advanced Outlook Repair, I have used it before, it works well.
So you can google it, and get more information about it.

Marry
Old November 21st 11, 09:36 AM
jenniffer jenniffer is offline
Banned

Scanpst.exe fails to repair PST file in several situations like oversized PST file, severe corruption in PST file, improper installation or outlook etc. In any such situation free scanpst.exe tool download is available on authorized site of Microsoft. Download the tool from there and run on your system to repair corrupted PST file if there is trouble in scanpst.exe file. In other situations you need to solve the problem accordingly.
Old November 22nd 11, 12:16 PM
rebeccajones rebeccajones is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by balaji View Post
Hi,

I am using outlook 2003, and my outlook have some problem its having 2
GB of data and i am try to repair with Scanpst.exe but it says the error
that the file is too large and unable to repair the PST.
Please help me to get off this problem.

Thanks in Advance.

Balaji.k
Outlook offered integrated utility Scanpst.exe works great but in some circumstances it get fail and leave the process in the middle with some unknown error messages. It becomes unable when the corruption is severe, large PST file size and also because many users unable to find its location as it is a hidden executable file. In the scenario of when Scanpst.exe doesn't help you out then it is better to move for the third party PST repair utility.
Old November 26th 11, 10:14 AM
lutharmartin lutharmartin is offline
Junior Member

this is the major issue encountered by outlook 2003 users. oversized pst file needs to be split into small files. better use third party outlook PST repair tool.