How do I solve Outlook outgoing mail server issues?

Old April 20th 06, 12:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
JHoleman1

Default How do I solve Outlook outgoing mail server issues?

I can seem to get mail to go out of Outlook. I'm temporarily connected to
DSL away from home. The main setup is MSN thru Verizon.net. I'm a roadrunner
user. My incoming mail server is fine. I've tried MSN's outgoing and
Verizon's outging in addition to RR's outgoing server name. Any help or
suggestions would be appreciated. I'm on vacation and away from work with my
laptop with no way to send out emails...help!
Old April 20th 06, 06:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Galen

In ,
JHoleman1 had this to say:

I can seem to get mail to go out of Outlook. I'm temporarily
connected to DSL away from home. The main setup is MSN thru
Verizon.net. I'm a roadrunner user. My incoming mail server is fine.
I've tried MSN's outgoing and Verizon's outging in addition to RR's
outgoing server name. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
I'm on vacation and away from work with my laptop with no way to send
out emails...help!

For the next person to read this - so that you can get the help you want -
please do this because your post isn't really very clear.
Insert the answers below:

Who are you connected to RIGHT now? As in while you're on vacation. Who?

Who are you normally connected to? The account - email that you're trying to
use - is on who's network?

Chances are that one ISP isn't going to allow outbound email from one ISP to
their network. Try to set it up with authentication (outbound) using the
same information as your logon information. That's the route that I'd try
first but that still may not work. It's pretty common practice and done to
prevent network abuse such as SPAM.

--
Galen - MS MVP - Windows (Shell/User & IE)
http://dts-l.org/

"At present I am, as you know, fairly busy, but I propose to devote my
declining years to the composition of a textbook which shall focus the
whole art of detection into one volume." - Sherlock Holmes