To free up disk space, Outlook Express can compact messages.

Old November 18th 09, 10:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Rufus Chaney

Default To free up disk space, Outlook Express can compact messages.

This is driving me crazy. How can I get rid of this message? I have never
used Outlook Express.

"To free up disk space, Outlook Express can compact messages. This may take
up to a few minutes."
Old November 18th 09, 10:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
John Nice

"Rufus Chaney" wrote in message
This is driving me crazy. How can I get rid of this message? I have
never
used Outlook Express.

"To free up disk space, Outlook Express can compact messages. This may
take
up to a few minutes."

What are you reading this group with?

John

Old November 19th 09, 02:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Something is using it because you'll only get that message when OE is
running.

Find this reg key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{GUID}\Software\Micro soft\Outlook Express\5.0
look for the data: Compact Check Count
Change the value to 0 (decimal).

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Old November 19th 09, 09:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon[_6_]

"John Nice" johnDOTniceATbtinternetDOTcom wrote in message

What are you reading this group with?

Right-click on message, choose Properties. Click on Details tab.
There you will see the following:

That's the Web interface. The clue is in the OPs address -

HTH

Old November 19th 09, 09:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon[_6_]

"Rufus Chaney" wrote in message
This is driving me crazy. How can I get rid of this message? I have
never
used Outlook Express.

"To free up disk space, Outlook Express can compact messages. This may
take
up to a few minutes."

Try saying YES to it then!
Doh!

Old November 23rd 09, 03:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Rufus Chaney

Thank you for you help. I am reluctant to say "yes" because this is a
suspicious message. I have never used Outlook Express. I use Outlook 2007
Professional and Outlook Express is not even installed on my machine. It was
uninstalled from the Windows components upon receiving this machine months
ago. I would never "just say yes".

.

Old November 23rd 09, 04:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon[_6_]

"Rufus Chaney" wrote in message
Thank you for you help. I am reluctant to say "yes" because this is a
suspicious message. I have never used Outlook Express. I use Outlook
2007
Professional and Outlook Express is not even installed on my machine. It
was
uninstalled from the Windows components upon receiving this machine months
ago. I would never "just say yes".

You'll find that OE was NOT uninstalled. If you read the dialog box you will
see that all you did was to remove ACCESS to it...

Old December 24th 09, 04:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
info_cx

On Nov 18, 2:01*pm, Rufus Chaney
wrote:
This is driving me crazy. *How can I get rid of this message? *I have never
used Outlook Express.

"To free up disk space, Outlook Express can compact messages. *This may take
up to a few minutes."

google for uncrazyer. We've made a small app. to solve this issue. It
is already available at most software repositories. If run in auto
mode, outlook will not bother you again, ever. The app is small, free
and clean.

Happy 2010 to all.
Your friends of Caracolix Media