Selecting multiple public folders

Old September 16th 09, 03:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.exchange.admin,microsoft.public.outlook
Pete Halasovski[_2_]

Default Selecting multiple public folders

Hi,

I'm running Exch2003 and Outlook 2003. I need to add a user to a group of
public folders. In both Outlook and Exchange System manager I can only
select one folder at a time. Is there any way around this problem?

regards,

Pete

Old September 16th 09, 03:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.exchange.admin,microsoft.public.outlook
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

Pete Halasovski wrote:
Hi,

I'm running Exch2003 and Outlook 2003. I need to add a user to a
group of public folders. In both Outlook and Exchange System manager
I can only select one folder at a time. Is there any way around this
problem?
regards,

Pete

Set up your permissions on the PFs using mail-enabled security groups
instead of individuals - then all you need to do is add users to the groups
in question. It's a little more work to do the initial setup, but pays off
immediately thereafter.

If your current situation involves adding Joe Bloggs to Public Folder A and
subfolders B and C, all you need to do is add him to the client permissions
on PFA in Exchange System Manager and then right-click on it to propagate
the settings down to subfolders.

Old September 18th 09, 11:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.exchange.admin,microsoft.public.outlook
Pete Halasovski[_2_]

Thansk Lawrence,

Using groups is what I shoudl have done in the first place, I know...

I'm having trouble with propogating this change though - when I right-click
on an object in System Manager I don;tl see anything that says "propogate" -
I'm looking in Client Permissions. Am I missing something here?

Regards,

Pete

Old September 18th 09, 11:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.exchange.admin,microsoft.public.outlook
Pete Halasovski[_2_]

Oops! Please ignore my previous post - I found this eventually. I was
flumoxed by the System Manager - I was looking in Admin Group Servers
Server Public Folders when I should have been looking in Admin Group
Folders Public Folders. Do it in the right place and it works!

There's an hour of my life I'll never get back...

Thank again.

Regards,

Pete

Old September 18th 09, 01:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.exchange.admin,microsoft.public.outlook
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

Pete Halasovski wrote:
Oops! Please ignore my previous post - I found this eventually. I was
flumoxed by the System Manager - I was looking in Admin Group
Servers Server Public Folders when I should have been looking in
Admin Group Folders Public Folders. Do it in the right place and
it works!
There's an hour of my life I'll never get back...

Thank again.

Regards,

Pete

You're most welcome. I'd take another hour to do the groups thing now, if it
were me. ;-)