how can I insert text file's text into my email in outlook 2007

Old July 12th 08, 11:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Henry Fung

Default how can I insert text file's text into my email in outlook 2007

I used to use outlook express. There is a lovely function to insert text
file's text into my currently writing email. How can I do that in my outlook
2007 ?

Time before, I first create a text file, say 'payment method.txt', then type
in all my standard payment method information to my customer. When I was
replying an email with my standard text, I simply use the "insert - text
file" function, instead of openning the 'payment method.txt', copy and paste
to my email.

Can I do that similar in outlook 2007 ? Thank you very much
Old July 12th 08, 11:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
p[_3_]

Henry Fung wrote:
I used to use outlook express. There is a lovely function to insert text
file's text into my currently writing email. How can I do that in my outlook
2007 ?

Time before, I first create a text file, say 'payment method.txt', then type
in all my standard payment method information to my customer. When I was
replying an email with my standard text, I simply use the "insert - text
file" function, instead of openning the 'payment method.txt', copy and paste
to my email.

Can I do that similar in outlook 2007 ? Thank you very much

Make the text file a signature.

Old July 12th 08, 02:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky {MVP}

Use quick parts or Insert, Insert as Text (on the Insert button drop down).
Or create templates with the boiler plate text. The signature method will
not work in Outlook 2007.

See http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2008/20080709.htm for more info on
using templates.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

Old July 13th 08, 01:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
p[_3_]

Diane Poremsky {MVP} wrote:
Use quick parts or Insert, Insert as Text (on the Insert button drop
down). Or create templates with the boiler plate text. The signature
method will not work in Outlook 2007.

See http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2008/20080709.htm for more info
on using templates.

No signatures in Outlook 07?

Old July 13th 08, 02:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky {MVP}

of course there are signatures - they are not inserted the same way though
and are much less useful for boilerplate text as in past versions.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Old July 13th 08, 11:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
p[_3_]

Diane Poremsky {MVP} wrote:
of course there are signatures - they are not inserted the same way
though and are much less useful for boilerplate text as in past versions.

What a shame. Sigs for boilerplate text is one of the main reasons I use
Outlook. I hope Outlook 03 will be supported for awhile.

Old July 13th 08, 04:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky {MVP}

You can use Outlook 2003 as long as you want, "supported" or not - Outlook
2000 is long out of support and many people still use it.

Old July 13th 08, 04:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
p[_3_]

Diane Poremsky {MVP} wrote:
You can use Outlook 2003 as long as you want, "supported" or not -
Outlook 2000 is long out of support and many people still use it.

That's good news, thanks.

Old July 14th 08, 03:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Henry Fung[_2_]

Thank you very much for your answer.

I solved my problem already.