Outlook 2007 and email hyperlinks

Old April 9th 07, 11:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Default Outlook 2007 and email hyperlinks

Dr Teeth wrote:

With Outlook Express, I'd click on a mailto link, a window would open,
and when I'd click on the send button, the email would be sent.

With Outlook 2007, this does not happen and I'd like it to. I have to
open Outlook itself and press send/receive ( I assume send all would
work too) to send. Emails do go immediately if Outlook itself is open.

Can I change this to the OE way?

No. Outlook must be running in order for the mail transport to function.
--
Brian Tillman
Old April 9th 07, 09:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

No one else sees this behavior. Provide details.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Dr Teeth" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 06:24:16 -0400, "Brian Tillman"
wrote:

No. Outlook must be running in order for the mail transport to function.

I have also found out that automatic send/receive does not work if
Outlook is minimised (to the system bar - with the clock in my case).

Cheers,

Guy

Old April 10th 07, 01:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Dr Teeth wrote:

I have also found out that automatic send/receive does not work if
Outlook is minimised (to the system bar - with the clock in my case).

In general, this is untrue. If it doesn't work for you, then you have
something wrong. It works for most people.
--
Brian Tillman

Old April 10th 07, 11:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Not even close to what what you original claim was. This is behavior as
designed.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Dr Teeth" wrote in message
On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 16:37:06 -0400, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]"
wrote:

Provide details.

I click on a mailto link whilst Outlook is not loaded. A new mail
compose window appears, mail is composed and then 'send' is clicked.

At that stage, Outlook express would send the email. With Outlook, the
email stays in the Outbox and is only sent when Outlook is loaded and
a 'send' command is given.

Cheers,

Guy

Old April 11th 07, 10:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Hardly. In your first post, you said Outlook was minimized to the systray.
In you second you said it wasn't loaded. Not at all the same.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Dr Teeth" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 18:19:48 -0400, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]"
wrote:

Not even close to what what you original claim was.

Change your glasses schmuck, it was.

Kerplunk.

Cheers,

Guy