Old April 9th 07, 11:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Default Outlook 2007 and email hyperlinks

Dr Teeth wrote:

With Outlook Express, I'd click on a mailto link, a window would open,
and when I'd click on the send button, the email would be sent.

With Outlook 2007, this does not happen and I'd like it to. I have to
open Outlook itself and press send/receive ( I assume send all would
work too) to send. Emails do go immediately if Outlook itself is open.

Can I change this to the OE way?

No. Outlook must be running in order for the mail transport to function.
--
Brian Tillman