PST views - Can I hide "Search Folders" and "Deleted Items"?

Old August 25th 06, 04:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Rob

Default PST views - Can I hide "Search Folders" and "Deleted Items"?

I use a different .PST file for each project I work on. Then as e-mails are
dealt with, they are dropped into their respective .PST folder for
archiving. I often have 8 or more .PST files open; each with several
subfolders displayed.

I never use the "Search Folders" or "Deleted Items" folders that are
automatically set up when you create a new .PST file. I don't even know
what they are for. Is there any way to delete or hide them, so they don't
take up space in my Folder List?

Thank you,
Rob

Old August 25th 06, 07:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Rob wrote:

I never use the "Search Folders" or "Deleted Items" folders that are
automatically set up when you create a new .PST file. I don't even
know what they are for. Is there any way to delete or hide them, so
they don't take up space in my Folder List?

The Deleted Items cannot be removed or hidden, but the Search folder
shouldn't exist if the PST was never a delivery location. Certainly my PSTs
do not contain one. Once created, though, I don't believe it can be
deleted.
--
Brian Tillman