Inbox doesn't show new emails in Outlook 2007

Old June 6th 06, 11:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Peter Saxton

Default Inbox doesn't show new emails in Outlook 2007

When I am looking in the Inbox and new emails arrive they don't appear
although the number of unread emails in the Inbox increases.

I have to select another folder and then return to the Inbox to see
the new emails.

--
Peter Saxton from London

Old June 6th 06, 11:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Patrick Schmid

What kind of email account? Do you have any anti-virus Outlook plugin
disabled, especially AVG's?

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

:

Old June 7th 06, 07:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Peter Saxton

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 22:27:17 +0000, "Patrick Schmid"
wrote:

What kind of email account?

pop3

Do you have any anti-virus Outlook plugin
disabled, especially AVG's?

I have Norton Anti Virus but it's not a plugin.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

:

Old June 7th 06, 09:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Patrick Schmid

You didn't have a previous beta version of 2007 on your computer?
There was a display bug similar to what you are seeing in B1TR (new
messages would only appear in the unread count, but not appear in the
folder unless you switched out and back in). MS thinks this was fixed in
B2.
Let's start by making sure that Norton AntiVirus's Email plugin is
disabled. When you open Norton AntiVirus, you should be able to find
something called Exchange or Outlook Email in the configuration options
of the program. If you can find it, make sure it is deactivated (I don't
know if Norton AntiVirus has such a plugin. I am running the corporate
version of it and that one does).
Then disable all filters you might have set for your inbox (View,
Current View, Customize Current View, Filter. Remove anything that is
there). You should always be able to verify that no filter is applied by
checking the left side of the status bar. If a filter is applied, it
will say "Filter Applied" there.
Then please run Office Diagnostics (Start, All Programs, Microsoft
Office, Microsoft Office Tools). That should fix any errors you might
have with your Outlook 2007 install.
If you still observe the issue after you did all of that, take a
screenshot of it and email it to me (find my email address on my
website). Please make sure that the screenshot shows that the messages
are not visible in the folder, but are shown in the unread count. It
should also show the full status bar, so that it is obvious that no
filters are applied. If you'd like to hide any content, use a black
paintbrush and paint over email addresses, content, etc, but please
ensure that one can still see that no messages are unread in the inbox
while the unread count is showing some. I will submit the screenshot and
any other information to MS as a bug so that they can get rid of the
last bits of this problem.

Thank you,

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

" wrote in message
:

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 22:27:17 +0000, "Patrick Schmid"
wrote:

What kind of email account?

pop3

:

Old June 7th 06, 05:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sumit

I am facing similar problem. New mails are getting downloaed and teh
unread mail count increases. However, no new mails are visible.

I use my notebook in office and am connected to an exchange server.
What I noticed was that after i disconnected from exchange server, the
new mails are not visible anymore. Outlook is showing the status as
"offline" in the task bar. The last visible mail is what I downloaded
in the office.

Also, when i tried going into Rules and Alerts, I get an error saying
that I am offline and cant use it and that to use it I must go online
and connect to exchange server. All the rules that I have are created
in the outlook client and are not server based.

Please help in resolving this.

Regards

ps. I do not have any anti-virus or filters on this....nothing that may
be causing a conflict.

" wrote in message
:

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 22:27:17 +0000, "Patrick Schmid"
wrote:

What kind of email account?

pop3

:

Old June 7th 06, 06:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sumit

What is interesting is that if any mail gets routed to the junk folder,
then it is visible there. It sees like only new mails that are coming
into Inbox are not visible.

" wrote in message
:

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 22:27:17 +0000, "Patrick Schmid"
wrote:

What kind of email account?

pop3

:

Old June 7th 06, 06:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

did you reset the view?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

ups.com...

" wrote in message
:

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 22:27:17 +0000, "Patrick Schmid"
wrote:

What kind of email account?

pop3

:

Old June 7th 06, 06:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sumit

Hi Diane

Yes, did re-set the view and no filters are running. Still, can
download messages and count increases, but not visible.

Am really stumped.

Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:
did you reset the view?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

ups.com...

" wrote in message
:

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 22:27:17 +0000, "Patrick Schmid"
wrote:

What kind of email account?

pop3

:

Old June 8th 06, 07:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sumit

Weird stuff.....

I came to office and connected to my exchange server....and voila...all
the messages that were downloaded last night are back in my inbox (as
of last night ...it was showing the messages as unread in the inbox but
was not displaying those new messages).

So...it seems there is an issue with something that I can see the mails
only when I am connected to exchange....the funny part is that the
mails are in my local pst.

I am traveling tomorrow and will not have access to my exchange server
for 10 days. This is really scary that I may not be able to view my new
mails when not connected to exchange.

Someone....pls pls pls help.

Sumit wrote:
Hi Diane

Yes, did re-set the view and no filters are running. Still, can
download messages and count increases, but not visible.

Am really stumped.

Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:
did you reset the view?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

ups.com...

" wrote in message
:

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 22:27:17 +0000, "Patrick Schmid"
wrote:

What kind of email account?

pop3

:

Old June 8th 06, 03:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

pst are not supported with Exchange at this point in the beta due to the
potential for data lose. See the known issues page for more information -
there is a link to it at http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/index.htm.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

ups.com...

Sumit wrote:
Hi Diane

Yes, did re-set the view and no filters are running. Still, can
download messages and count increases, but not visible.

Am really stumped.

Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:
did you reset the view?

--

[...]