Conceal Identity

Old July 9th 08, 09:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve[_17_]

Default Conceal Identity

Scotland Yard would be proud of you!

Do you have any idea how he is able to quickly find any post I make even
though i change my name and email address when posting ?

It just caught my attention that you are an MVP. How do you contact an
official that oversees that program?

Thanks!!

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote in message
It makes sense to use an invalid or munged email address, yes, but if the
emasil@ address wasn't valid you didn't need to change anything.

A little detective work leads me to believe that the replies you refer to
are by one "StopThisAdvertising" (Arno R?; e.g.,
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...fc55ce3e6028e9)
who keeps posting a link to the very interesting page
http://home.tiscali.nl/arracom/whoissteve.html

Other than continuing to change the name & email address you use when
posting (which you've been doing, it would appear, in order to shake this
guy), there's nothing you can do about it except ignore him (or clean up
your act & stop soliciting business in the MS newsgroups...which happens
to be a violation of the Code of Conduct).
--
~PA Bear

Steve wrote:
Are we to assume that "Steve" and "Rob"
(whose post I replied to) are the same poster?

Yes, one and the same! At the beginning of this thread it was suggested
change my name and email address in my newsgroup account.

Are you accessing the microsoft.public.* newsgroups via the MS newssever
or the Earthlink newsserver (which is a mirror for Giganews)?

Earthlink

Steve wrote:
A standard reply to the newsgroup!

comp.databases-ms-access
microsoft.public.access
microsoft.public.access,gettingstarted
microsoft.public.access.tablesdbdesign

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote in message
A standard reply to the newsgroup or a standard email reply? If the
former, what newsgroups?

If you access this and other MS newsgroups using the free MS
newsserver
(msnews.microsoft.com), do you still receive these replies?

Setting up Outlook Express to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Rob wrote:
Please do not be mistaken!

Someone is automatically posting a standard reply to every post I
make
in
four newsgroups and I am trying to understand how he is doing it.

"N. Miller" wrote in message
On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 20:24:28 -0400, Rob wrote:

So now I can google and find a particular poster by his email
address,
IP
or
something else, how could I automatically post a standard reply to
every
post he makes in a newsgroup?

You want to be a stalker? I am thinking that answering your
questions
was
foolish thing, now.

--
Norman
~Shine, bright morning light,

Old July 9th 08, 09:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

A1. I know, they've told me so (as has MI5).

A2. He must be on to your wiles.

A3. The MVP program? Why do you ask?

Old July 9th 08, 10:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve[_18_]

I want to inquire about the MVP program. It seems to be a "good old boys"
program, hush, hush! No one seems to want to provide any information about
the program.

Old July 9th 08, 10:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_]

The information is freely available on the MS web site.

"Steve" wrote in message
m...
:I want to inquire about the MVP program. It seems to be a "good old boys"
: program, hush, hush! No one seems to want to provide any information about
: the program.
:
:
: ...
: Steve wrote:
[...]
: --
: ~PA Bear
:
: Steve wrote:
[...]
: MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
: AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
: DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
:
:
:
: Rob wrote:
: Please do not be mistaken!
:
: Someone is automatically posting a standard reply to every post I
: make
: in
: four newsgroups and I am trying to understand how he is doing it.
:
:
: "N. Miller" wrote in message
: ...
: On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 20:24:28 -0400, Rob wrote:
:
: So now I can google and find a particular poster by his email
: address,
: IP
: or
: something else, how could I automatically post a standard reply
: every
: post he makes in a newsgroup?
:
: You want to be a stalker? I am thinking that answering your
: questions
: was
: a
: foolish thing, now.
:
: --

Old July 10th 08, 01:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

See http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

PS: No, you cannot nominate yourself.

Old July 12th 08, 05:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
perrine

bonjour
au
revoire
"Rob" a écrit dans le message de news:
Would you post here how to automate responding to my messages with a
standard response?

Thanks!!

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote in message
No.

Rob wrote:
can you automate responding to my messages with a standard response?

I could if I wanted to, yes. So could any number of trojans.

Would you email me at
and show me how it is done. I
don't
think it would be wise to post how it is done here in public!

Thanks!!!

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote in message
Using that email address, I can also find your posting history via
Google
Groups:
http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...=0&scori ng=d

can you automate responding to my messages with a standard response?

I could if I wanted to, yes. So could any number of trojans.

...Could a Cookie on my computer detect
each time I posted to a specified newsgroup?

If you post via OE or another newsreader, no.

Rob wrote:
Thank you for responding!

Good information! Ok...., you can find messages in this newsgroup from
me,
can you automate responding to my messages with a standard response?

You said:
No cookies are involved when accessing newsgroups via a newsreader

Would you please explain that further. Could a Cookie on my computer
detect
each time I posted to a specified newsgroup?

Thanks for all the information you can provide!!!

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote in message
If I search this newsgroup for messages FROM , I get
your
3 posts in as a result.

No cookies are involved when accessing newsgroups via a newsreader
(e.g.,
OE).
--
~PA Bear

Rob wrote:
You say you would search on certain lines in a header ....
Are lines 4 to end unique to me and identify me in all my posts?

I noticed something else this evening .................
I watched as Norton Antivirus scanned my HD tonight. VAV identified
whay
it
called a "Tracking Cookie". Could this possibly be something this
"character" is using to track my posts to newsgroups?

"N. Miller" wrote in message
On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 17:47:27 -0400, Rob wrote:

Every post I make to newsgroups is being maliciously tracked by a
certain
individual. I then receive pornographic email at home. Is there a
way
conceal one's identity completely (headers) when posting to a
newsgroup
using Outlook Express 6.0?

MS Outlook Express has little to do with what shows up in some
header
lines.
While you can control the name and email address, you can't control
the
IP
address. The server you connect to sees your IP address, and either
adds
it,
or not, depending upon how it is configured. That is up to the NNTP
server
administrator.

Consider your posting headers:

From: Rob
http://www.giganews.com

Those are some of the lines I would use to search on. You have
control
over
line 2. MSOE controls line 3. Your NNTP provider controls the rest.

Old August 8th 08, 03:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
James Hogg

On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 01:26:28 +0100, "D. Spencer Hines"
wrote:

No...

That's a...

COWARDLY way to act.

Use your REAL NAME...

DON'T HIDE behind a PSEUDONYM such as:

"Ildhund"

How about hiding behind a pseudonym like Julia294, as some pogue
without cojones did in this thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...c5d5fd4b04ad5f

I don't trust ANYONE who won't use HIS or HER Real Name.

You are exposed once again as a fraud and a hypocrite.

James
Old August 8th 08, 05:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
Earle Horton[_4_]

"D. Spencer Hines" wrote in message
No...

That's a...

COWARDLY way to act.

Use your REAL NAME...

DON'T HIDE behind a PSEUDONYM such as:

"Ildhund"

But use a throwaway or fictitious email address in order to protect
yourself from SPAM, VIRUSES, DEATH THREATS, WORMS, IDENTITY THIEVES, CHILD
MOLESTERS, et alii. I know from experience.

I don't trust ANYONE who won't use HIS or HER Real Name.

WOMEN may prefer to use only the FIRST name...

That's not desirable or preferable -- but entirely acceptable...

As there are malicious, molester loons out there.

Women are not the only victims of "malicious, molester loons". In one of
the Spanish "alt." newsgroups that I subscribe to, one of the participants
once offered $3,000 for the physical identity, location and telephone number
of some guy from Valencia whose opinions were annoying him. He had a scheme
to pay the anonymous informer using PayPal and everything. Maybe it was a
joke, maybe not. If you want to conceal your real identity and avoid a
whole slew of problems, then do so. If it gives you a macho thrill to use
your real name, secure in the knowledge that you have plenty of buckshot in
your ammunition closet, then do that too.

But please don't stoop to calling people cowards. That is something worthy
of the Vista newsgroup. If you don't trust anyone who won't use his or her
real name, then you close yourself off from a large percentage of the most
useful information posted here.

Cheers,

Earle

DSH

Lux et Veritas et Libertas

Deus Vult

"Richard in AZ" wrote in message

"Rob" wrote in message
m...

Every post I make to newsgroups is being maliciously tracked by a
certain
individual. I then receive pornographic email at home. Is there a way to
conceal one's identity completely (headers) when posting to a newsgroup
using Outlook Express 6.0?

Rob

Yes, set up your newsgroup account with a fictitious name and email
address.

If you want a truly throw-away address, that you can still check, if need
be, look at www.mailinator.com

Old August 8th 08, 09:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
James Hogg[_2_]

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 10:55:28 -0600, "Earle Horton"
wrote:

[...]

The irony is that "David Spencer Hines" has posted under the fake
name "Julia294" (or vice versa?). If it's cowardly to do so, then
he/she's a coward him/herself.

But then, we knew that already.

James
Old August 9th 08, 04:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
...winston

Earle...is it becoming clear yet ?

--
...winston