Conceal Identity

Old July 7th 08, 06:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
D. Spencer Hines

Default Conceal Identity

Why is a "Real NWS File" so much better than DBX?

DSH

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote in message

Since both WLMail and WM use real .nws files already (instead
of .dbx) for their Message Stores you could probably use them directly...

Old July 7th 08, 06:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

N. Miller wrote:
On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 20:24:28 -0400, Rob wrote:
So now I can google and find a particular poster by his email address, IP
or something else, how could I automatically post a standard reply to
every
post he makes in a newsgroup?

You want to be a stalker? I am thinking that answering your questions was
foolish thing, now.

[Norman begins to see the light...]

Old July 7th 08, 08:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Rob[_9_]

Please do not be mistaken!

Someone is automatically posting a standard reply to every post I make in
four newsgroups and I am trying to understand how he is doing it.

--
Norman
~Shine, bright morning light,

Old July 7th 08, 09:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
D. Spencer Hines

Hilarious!

Naïveté Writ Large...

He also didn't realize he was dealing with another PFK.

DSH

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote in message

N. Miller wrote:

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 20:24:28 -0400, Rob wrote:

So now I can google and find a particular poster by his email address,
IP or something else, how could I automatically post a standard reply
to every post he makes in a newsgroup?

You want to be a stalker? I am thinking that answering your questions was
a foolish thing, now.

[Norman begins to see the light...]

Old July 7th 08, 09:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

A standard reply to the newsgroup or a standard email reply? If the former,
what newsgroups?

If you access this and other MS newsgroups using the free MS newsserver
(msnews.microsoft.com), do you still receive these replies?

Setting up Outlook Express to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Old July 7th 08, 09:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
D. Spencer Hines

He certainly has your noodle in a tizzy...

Because he's far smarter than you.

DSH

Old July 8th 08, 05:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve[_17_]

A standard reply to the newsgroup!

comp.databases-ms-access
microsoft.public.access
microsoft.public.access,gettingstarted
microsoft.public.access.tablesdbdesign

Old July 9th 08, 12:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

Are we to assume that "Steve" and "Rob"
(whose post I replied to) are the same poster?

Are you accessing the microsoft.public.* newsgroups via the MS newssever or
the Earthlink newsserver (which is a mirror for Giganews)?

Old July 9th 08, 04:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve[_17_]

See below .................

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote in message
Are we to assume that "Steve" and "Rob"
(whose post I replied to) are the same poster?

Yes, one and the same! At the beginning of this thread it was suggested to
change my name and email address in my newsgroup account.

Are you accessing the microsoft.public.* newsgroups via the MS newssever
or the Earthlink newsserver (which is a mirror for Giganews)?

Earthlink

Old July 9th 08, 05:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

It makes sense to use an invalid or munged email address, yes, but if the
emasil@ address wasn't valid you didn't need to change anything.

A little detective work leads me to believe that the replies you refer to
are by one "StopThisAdvertising" (Arno R?; e.g.,
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...fc55ce3e6028e9)
who keeps posting a link to the very interesting page
http://home.tiscali.nl/arracom/whoissteve.html

Other than continuing to change the name & email address you use when
posting (which you've been doing, it would appear, in order to shake this
guy), there's nothing you can do about it except ignore him (or clean up
your act & stop soliciting business in the MS newsgroups...which happens to
be a violation of the Code of Conduct).
--
~PA Bear