OE "Bouncebacks" Help please!!!

Old January 15th 08, 04:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
BIG DAVE

Default OE "Bouncebacks" Help please!!!

Lately... I have been having numerous issues trying to send email to
few of my friends. I will send them an email... and get emails back
that are very similar to this.

SMTP error from remote mailer after MAIL
SIZE=4196:
host mx1.hotmail.com [65.54.244.8]: 550 SC-001 Mail rejected by
Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. Reasons for rejection may be
related to content with spam-like characteristics or IP/domain
reputation problems. If you are not an email/network admin please
contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for help. Email/network
admins, please visit http://postmaster.live.com for email delivery
information and support.

Or.....

WARNING MESSAGE

A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of
its
recipients after more than 24 hours on the queue on
smtpauth13.mail.atl.earthlink.net.

Delay reason: SMTP error from remote mailer after MAIL
:
host sbcmx2.prodigy.net [207.115.25.21]: 451 4.7.7 Excessive
userid unknowns from 209.87.60.64

Now... this is only happening while sending to 2 or 3 of my friends.
But, they are friends I correspond with regularly. This is one pain
in the butt.

Is it something on my end, or their end that is causing these issues?

Thanks in advance

~ david ~

PS: All listed IPs modified for security reasons.
Old January 15th 08, 05:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_]

It appears your IP address may have been blacklisted. Some blacklists used
by mail servers will also deny entire blocks from certain ISPs, just because
one or two IP addresseds have been tied to spamming.

"BIG DAVE" wrote in message
: Lately... I have been having numerous issues trying to send email to
: a
: few of my friends. I will send them an email... and get emails back
: that are very similar to this.
:
: SMTP error from remote mailer after MAIL
: SIZE=4196:
: host mx1.hotmail.com [65.54.244.8]: 550 SC-001 Mail rejected by
: Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. Reasons for rejection may be
: related to content with spam-like characteristics or IP/domain
: reputation problems. If you are not an email/network admin please
: contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for help. Email/network
: admins, please visit http://postmaster.live.com for email delivery
: information and support.
:
: Or.....
:
: WARNING MESSAGE
:
: This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
: A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of
: its
: recipients after more than 24 hours on the queue on
: smtpauth13.mail.atl.earthlink.net.
:
: Delay reason: SMTP error from remote mailer after MAIL
: :

Old January 17th 08, 03:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
VanguardLH

"BIG DAVE" wrote in message
Lately... I have been having numerous issues trying to send email to
few of my friends. I will send them an email... and get emails back
that are very similar to this.

SMTP error from remote mailer after MAIL
SIZE=4196:
host mx1.hotmail.com [65.54.244.8]: 550 SC-001 Mail rejected by
Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. Reasons for rejection may
be
related to content with spam-like characteristics or IP/domain
reputation problems. If you are not an email/network admin please
contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for help.
Email/network
admins, please visit http://postmaster.live.com for email delivery
information and support.

The IP address of 4.250.144.6 which you used when submitting your post
here is currently on a few blacklists. Go to www.dnsstuff.com and
enter your IP address (4.250.144.6 used here) in their Spam Database
lookup. Some are just indicating that you have a dynamic IP address
which itself isn't bad. But being listed in SpamHaus' blacklist will
definitely get you blocked from many receiving mail hosts.

Are you trying to operate your own mail server rather than use the one
supplied by your ISP or by an e-mail provider?

WARNING MESSAGE

A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of
its
recipients after more than 24 hours on the queue on
smtpauth13.mail.atl.earthlink.net.

Delay reason: SMTP error from remote mailer after MAIL
:
host sbcmx2.prodigy.net [207.115.25.21]: 451 4.7.7 Excessive
userid unknowns from 209.87.60.64

That means your sending mail server could not establish with the
recipient's mail server. You'll have to wait until their mail server
becomes usable again for recieving inbound e-mails. It is possible
that Prodigy aborts the mail session at the MAIL command if they see
you are from a blacklisted host or domain. The MAIL command is used
by the sending mail host to initiate a mail transaction with the
receiving mail host. Prodigy is rejecting your mail host at Simon
Fraser Univ. (209.87.60.64).

The sending mail host that you are using has an IP address of
209.87.60.64. There is no reverse lookup on that IP address to get an
IP name for the sending mail host's name. Some mail hosts refuse to
communicate with a mail host that doesn't identify itself with an IP
name (e.g., smtp.domain.com). You will need to ask the mail admin at
your school to fix the nameserver records to provide a PTR record for
their mail host. AOL, for example, has their rDNS policy mentioned at
http://postmaster.info.aol.com/info/rdns.html. Looks like Prodigy
wants the same requirement. Your sending mail host at your school is
farked.

Both problems are on your [sending] end. There is nothing your
recipients can do about either problem since it is highly unlikely
that they can convince their e-mail provider to change blacklists (or
get them updated or discarded) or the policies required by them that a
sending mail host have a PTR record (to permit an rDNS lookup).