Attachment Icon

Old January 11th 08, 09:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PEGGY

Default Attachment Icon

Recently, for no apparent reason, the attachment icon has appeared
beside all of my Inbox E-Mails. I can't seem to get them removed
except by deleting the E-Mail message. While this is not a big
problem, it is not supposed to be happening. Does anyone know how to
correct this?
Old January 11th 08, 09:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

If the message contains any HTML and you are reading in Plain Text, you will
see the paper clip.

Also, if you are using AVG for your anti-virus and have e-mail scanning
enabled, that can cause the issue as well. Normally, I would just say to
turn off the e-mail scanning feature. It is a redundant layer of protection
that eats up CPUs and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs and
account setting changes. Your up-to-date A/V program will continue to
protect you sufficiently. However, with AVG you need to remove and
reinstall AVG and choose Custom Mode. Uncheck E-mail Scanning when you see
that option. For some reason, just unchecking it in the security center
causes a conflict with the Windows Security Center.

See:
http://forum.grisoft.cz/freeforum/re...?3,76131,76141
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Old January 17th 08, 03:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
pl31dh

"PEGGY" wrote in message
Recently, for no apparent reason, the attachment icon has appeared
beside all of my Inbox E-Mails. I can't seem to get them removed
except by deleting the E-Mail message. While this is not a big
problem, it is not supposed to be happening. Does anyone know how to
correct this?

Attachment icon present even when no attachment - "text only" box not checked Vance McAlister Outlook Express 3 October 12th 07 04:23 PM
Attachment shows as in Icon instead of next to To: and CC: Marti Outlook - Installation 2 April 5th 07 07:30 PM
Attachment Icon Marc Seidler Outlook Express 2 December 21st 06 02:18 PM
Attachment Icon Adam Outlook and VBA 1 November 1st 06 08:42 PM
Attachment icon lost Václav ©ika Outlook - General Queries 1 June 19th 06 01:02 PM