managing OE in XP Home with multiple users

Old January 10th 06, 09:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Krembo

Default managing OE in XP Home with multiple users

Please explain how to use OE with multiple users in XP Home. How can I have
all the users see all of the messages, or at least to have all of the
messages show in the administrators account, and messages of the individual
users in each user's account.

Thanks.

Old January 10th 06, 10:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jurren Bouman

I think what you want is to setup "Identities" in OE. See:
"Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0"
http://support.microsoft.com/default...d=fh;en-us;oex

See also:
"Inside Outlook Express"
http://www.insideoe.com/resources/tools.htm

Old January 10th 06, 10:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
RB

Thanks, but the users I was referring to are XP users, not OE users. As we
are primarily using one ISP mail account, I do not see that setting multiple
OE users will solve the problem.

Old January 10th 06, 11:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

If you only have one mail account, I don't see how you can expect Windows to
separate it via user.

You might set up a message rule in OE for each user to download only certain
email, but how is OE to know what email to download, if all the messages go
to the same account?

steve

Old January 10th 06, 01:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

Krembo wrote:
Please explain how to use OE with multiple users in XP Home. How can I
have
all the users see all of the messages, or at least to have all of the
messages show in the administrators account, and messages of the
individual
users in each user's account.

In your OE go to Tools | Options | Maintenance | Store Folder and write down
where OE is storing its data.
Close OE.
Open Windows Explorer.
If you are using Win2K, WinXP or Win2K3 click Tools | Folder Options | View
and set it to Show hidden files and folders.
Go to your store folder and copy all of the DBX files to an empty Windows
folder. Make sure you include Folders.dbx.
Close Windows Explorer and start the other OS.
Go to Tools | Options | Maintenance | Store Folder and write down the path
to the data,
Click Change
IMPORTANT WARNING: For the next two steps decline any offer to move the
files or folders or messages.
Enter the other store folder path and click Okay.
Close OE.
Reopen it and answer 'No' to an offer to move things.
the other store directory.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com