Attachment Symbol always displays

Old January 10th 06, 07:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
EM

Default Attachment Symbol always displays

Using OE 6, and WinXP SP2, with all Windows updates, OE 6 always shows the
Attachment Symbol (clip) at the beginning of each message envelope, even when
there is no attachment. The incoming message may contain one word of text,
but the message envelope still displays the attachment symbol.

I read somewhere that AVG7 may be doing this, but I have other systems with
AVG7 that do not have this issue.

Does anyone know what may be causing this, and how to correct this situation?

Thank you.

Old January 10th 06, 09:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

EM wrote:

Using OE 6, and WinXP SP2, with all Windows updates, OE 6 always shows the
Attachment Symbol (clip) at the beginning of each message envelope, even
when there is no attachment. The incoming message may contain one word
of text, but the message envelope still displays the attachment symbol.

I read somewhere that AVG7 may be doing this, but I have other systems
with AVG7 that do not have this issue.

Does anyone know what may be causing this, and how to correct this
situation?

Thank you.

The attachment paper clip is shown even though there is no attachment when
OLEXP is setted to read mail in plain text
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=843018
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=883257

--
Vincenzo Di Russo
Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional

Old January 10th 06, 01:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

"EM" wrote in message
Using OE 6, and WinXP SP2, with all Windows updates, OE 6 always shows the
Attachment Symbol (clip) at the beginning of each message envelope, even
when
there is no attachment. The incoming message may contain one word of
text,
but the message envelope still displays the attachment symbol.

I read somewhere that AVG7 may be doing this, but I have other systems
with
AVG7 that do not have this issue.

Does anyone know what may be causing this, and how to correct this
situation?

AVG's email scanning is doing it. The other systems have email scanning
turned off, as they should; email scanning provides no added protection.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com